Cigar etiquette?

Davidoff was a clown with some weird tobacco fetishes.

I share hits if people ask for one, I tell people what I'm smoking if they ask, and I try to not smoke around folks that are likely to be offended by the odor.

• Like 1

One thing I would discount (and I believe many others here would do also) is smoking a cigar only halfway or two-thirds down. If I enjoy a cigar I go as far as I can until it gets too hot and/or bitter.

If i were in the cigar manufacturing business I would also tell people to smoke only 1/2 lol.

• Like 2

If burning have of a cigar is etiquette, then should Davidoff have burnt only half the pile at the infamous burning?

I am cautious about the stink of a cigar around other people and my clothes. If I smoke one where it has a foul lingering smell on clothes etc I am less apt to smoke that same kind again.

"Indoor smoking only in a cigar bar" is a non-starter for me. Personally I think nasty cigarettes smell way worse than cigars (naturally -- even though I smoke both), but as a matter of principle to me, if smoking is allowed, then smoking is allowed -- Period. I don't intend to be treated like a third-class citizen (lower even then a supposedly "acceptable" smoker), and I urge no one else to accept this treatment either. Stand up for all of us!

• Like 1

I think I'll give up cigars and convert to smoking marijuana. You can smoke all you want, the more you share the same joint with others the better, and licking the paper closed before you flame up and pass it around is de rigueur. :P

One thing I would discount (and I believe many others here would do also) is smoking a cigar only halfway or two-thirds down. If I enjoy a cigar I go as far as I can until it gets too hot and/or bitter.

Indeed!

• Like 1

It was also once thought that you should choose the size of your cigar based on the shape of your face, as if it was some sort of fashion accoutrement.

This might not be a bad idea. Anything over a 56 ring size is pretty awkward for me.

unless I am in my own home I always ask the people around me if they mind me lighting a cigar. If they do mind, I put my cutter away.

When people are at my house it's generally assumed I'll be smoking, so I don't ask but I do try to keep down wind of the non smokers