Premium desktop storage...

All,

After having given lower cost humidors a try, I am now thinking of investing a little more coin into a decent desktop size for 75-100 sticks.

The current one I use was sourced via Amazon and is literally the same as: http://www.cubancrafters.com/best-humidor-prices-on-best-humidors-cuban-crafters-cuban-elegance-for-120-cigars/

I got this thing in September last year after the need to upgrade from a 20ct. I now have a coolidor which is working like a dream for box storage however this current wooden humidor whilst looking nice and being relatively cheap, is not holding the humidity well at all and is definitely leaking. I thought I'd give it a go and having seen some beauties at the Nat Sherman store such as Elie Bleu's it's light and day in the quality (and pricing!!!).

I'd like some opinions and examples of what you lot on here use - I have been looking at Daniel Marshall and Michael DIxon as USA made boxes and also Davidoff all of which are very pricey in terms to what I've been used to spending.

Cheers!

Don

It really depends on how much you want to spend on a desktop. Bang for your buck though, the Adorini's are quite good. Not as fancy as some of the real high end ones but have a great seal and the air channels provide better circulation that some others that are more expensive. I have a 50 count that works like a charm. Just replace the stock humidification with beads.

It really depends on how much you want to spend on a desktop. Bang for your buck though, the Adorini's are quite good. Not as fancy as some of the real high end ones but have a great seal and the air channels provide better circulation that some others that are more expensive. I have a 50 count that works like a charm. Just replace the stock humidification with beads.

Hi tmac77 - yes have looked at Adorini and was hoping someone would mention those as they're more into my price range. They look decent

I don't use a desktop, anymore. I upgraded at Christmas to an end table humidor.

I paid $240 shipped.

post-1053-0-66873700-1422286031_thumb.jp

It has 2 lift out trays, and a bottom section, as well as a drawer, which I also keep humidified.

The bottom section.

post-1053-0-90574600-1422286319_thumb.jp

Bottom Tray

post-1053-0-39884700-1422286421_thumb.jp

The Top Tray

post-1053-0-23298100-1422286507_thumb.jp

The Drawer

post-1053-0-19784000-1422286613_thumb.jp

I too use coolerdors for box storage, and use this for cigars that are ready to smoke. It has a great seal, and keeps my cigars at a rock solid 65%. I did replace the green floral foam, in the credos, with 65% humidity beads.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

• Like 3

I don't use a desktop, anymore. I upgraded at Christmas to an end table humidor.

I paid $240 shipped.

attachicon.gifIMAG0329.JPG

It has 2 lift out trays, and a bottom section, as well as a drawer, which I also keep humidified.

The bottom section.

attachicon.gifIMAG0325.JPG

Bottom Tray

attachicon.gifIMAG0320.JPG

The Top Tray

attachicon.gifIMAG0315.JPG

The Drawer

attachicon.gifIMAG0323.JPG

I too use coolerdors for box storage, and use this for cigars that are ready to smoke. It has a great seal, and keeps my cigars at a rock solid 65%. I did replace the green floral foam, in the credos, with 65% humidity beads.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

Hi Dave - love the look of that end table but the misses would kill me if one turned up!

I have 2 daniel marshalls and 1 adorini. My adorini goes head to head with either of my more expensive dm's. Price wise the adorini is a better buy. Check the dm private stock sales, you can find a bargain there. Good luck and happy shopping.

I have a tiny little glass-top 50-count desktop humi for my dresser where I keep the singles (one or two) of the ones I really want to set aside and age long term for a special occasion (even though it's glass top I've found that it holds its humidity well enough), but I'm all for the massive tuppedors for my whole box storage. It's easy and it's just a perfectly sealed environment. I've had the same bag of humidity beads sitting in my largest tuppedor for almost a year and it's never dropped below 63%-65%. It's almost made me nervous...like, I almost feel like I need to respray the beads, but for some reason that thing has kept the right conditions for so long with little-to-no maintenance on my part.

I have four big desktop humidors. Two of each. Two with a capacity of 50-70 cigars and two with a capacities of 75-100 cigars. The smaller cost each 50 and the bigger each 150. I also have a tiny humindor with a capacity of 25 cigars. Till now aging is not a problem. But today I thought about to kepp all my cigars in one big humidor. I also thought about to build one big humidor. Problem is that I have no concept.

post-17004-0-60919700-1422291759_thumb.j

post-17004-0-78992900-1422291870_thumb.j

post-17004-0-30708300-1422291942_thumb.j

post-17004-0-90531000-1422292044_thumb.j

post-17004-0-88391300-1422292107_thumb.j

post-17004-0-00880000-1422292195_thumb.j

post-17004-0-13246700-1422292249_thumb.j

post-17004-0-49870800-1422292298_thumb.j

I also cosign Adorinis. Tom got it right on the description!

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to downsize desktops I own but One that has treated me well for years and I suspect decades to come is a Steve Vigar Designed Italian Villa Humidor. Such a beautiful box. Aside from cigars of course, I treasure this with my life. Holds humidity perfectly and every cigar single that goes in there ends up aged better than the cabinet humidors do. Was well worth price and highly recommend this brand. I have owned Davidoff, Dunhill, and DM, yet this one goes above and beyond other premiums.

I would also add that Adorini, Savoy, and Diamond Crown are solid mid ranged priced humidors that I've had a lot of success with. Looks are a plus, too.

I have an Adorini Chianti, a wineador, and a smaller desktop unit. The wineador is awesome, but since it's not really in your size range I would go with a nice Adorini. I love mine. It's gorgeous and it works. I replaced the supplied humidification with the Boveda four pack holder (it fits perfectly) and I never worry about it at all. Go Adorini!

My DM experience. http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117410&hl=%2Bdaniel+%2Bmarshall At first I thought they made things right but the number of cigars that dried out while I sent that in and they never did reimburse the $63 it cost me to ship it back insured, headache of dealing with this etc. I would have been better off buying something else.

I had also bought this humidor that I kept most of my boxed cigars in. http://www.amazon.com/Havana-Locker-400-500-Cigar-Humidor/dp/B001CZJNI2 It was ok not great but I found it for $90, sunk some small brass screws into the upper lip seal to get a tighter seal and it holds the humidity as good as my DM's. That stays in the closet and gets checked once a month. The DM's hold my current smoking stock. Though I wish I only had one desktop humidor similar to the DM 30250 where it is more wide and long rather than stacking sticks deep. Would allow a few variety smokes for easy view when one opens the lid, grab quickly and close rather than rummaging through sticks. Or I should just build a coolidor or buy and Aristocrat.

My collection outgrew a desktop humidor years ago, which is a shame because there are some great desktops currently on the market

The one that really catches my eye is the 75count Lancelot model from Gryphon humidors

Each is made to order and you have your choice of timbers.

http://www.gryphonhumidors.com/lancelot.php

A good friend of mine purchased one a while back and its quality is top notch

The only reason I don't currently own one myself is that a box that holds 75 sticks is not really much good to me now that my collection has topped 2000 cigars

I have four big desktop humidors. Two of each. Two with a capacity of 50-70 cigars and two with a capacities of 75-100 cigars. The smaller cost each 50 and the bigger each 150. I also have a tiny humindor with a capacity of 25 cigars. Till now aging is not a problem. But today I thought about to kepp all my cigars in one big humidor. I also thought about to build one big humidor. Problem is that I have no concept.

You must have an analog hygrometer in one of your humidors that isn't working because it is registering 80%RH. Those cigars would be impossible to draw smoke from if that was correct!

Whoa... I want a humi stocked like that when I grow up!

There you go. I think I kept something like 9 or 10 boxes of cigars in their original boxes in the bottom and probably 40-50 cigars in the top two trays. If you set it on a non carpeted floor make sure you put a rug under it to insulate it from a cold floor in the winter or you'll have problems maintaining humidity. The seal was a little loose on mine so I tapped and drove a few brass screws to tighten it slightly. If you elect to do this just drill through the cedar piece with a small drill bit. Sink a screw in half way and just give it a turn at a time until you get a tight seal when you drop the lid. I did not need to do it until a few months after I bought it and the cedar had begun to bow very slightly.

• Like 1

I have had close to 10 desktop humidors in my day but since moving on to mostly box purchases, I have kept only one for my singles.

It is a Savoy.

Wonderful construction and holds perfect RH levels. It was not the cheapest or the most expensive desktop, however

it was the best value IMO.

Besides, it has been entrusted to hold some pretty serious Habanos.....dollarsign.giftongue.pngdollarsign.gif

I've had a Cigar Star desktop for years, and it has been a great performer for the price. While not cheap, it works very well.

Heavy weight, great seal, quality hardware, and I love the diamond edged glasswork. The finish is spectacular and it changes with each angle you look at it, and with different light throughout the day

post-13208-14233798428.jpg

Sorry for that pic. Out of the 5000 pics on my camera roll, it seems I have very few of my desktop on this phone. It's the box on top of the frigidor