idiot of the week

Idiot of the WEEK? You're being kind. That's got to qualify for idiot of the MONTH, at least.

we got a lot of idiots down here.

last month's winner was the pissed idiot who picked up a brown snake (three year old kids know better) and after being bitten, did nothing about it. the shallow end of the gene pool lost one of its own that day.

and then there are our politician. we now have jacqui loudmouth-dimwit up against the buffoon. tough one that. they are 50% off their own party. best result is that they both continue to embarrass themselves and disappear without trace.

• Like 1

"Hey Chuck jump on this Portuguese Man of War, I dare you"

i should mention that one of my best mates, now an extremely successful and well respected businessman and sports administrator (who shall remain nameless), still gets crap from his mates - that would be me and others - for a stunt when we were 'younger'. at a chrissy party held at seaworld, someone offered $200 to anyone who'd swim the shark pool - across and back. my mate did not hear this but later heard two blokes talking about how much you'd need to swim said shark pool.

alcohol may have been a factor - big surprise - but my mate jumps up and says he'd do it for $20, not realising he could have got $200.

so in he goes - 200 people all watching, above and below ground - and he does a lap. then starts to sober up. decides it is time to get out real quick smart but by now, security and the dogs have arrived. the dogs are pool-edge by now and doing their best to tear my mate's throat out, which of course means he is forced to hide. in the shark pool. and getting very very nervous. security eventually drag the dogs away and he clambers out. and has copped it ever since.

speaking to seaworld employees a few years later, who were a bit horrified, they said that the main danger was not the sharks, which are well fed, but the giant groper. it is extremely curious and they were rather surprised it didn't come and grab him and take him down below to discover what he was.

and D, be fair. think how much poorer the world would be if mates didn't convince other mates to do stupid things.

• Like 2

yes, that got a bit off press over here. even bigger idiiot. that was really really dangerous and stupid and you'd half like one of these dills to lose a leg so it might get through to others. but then we'd have to pay his health care for decades. and he'd probably sue the state government for not killing all sharks.

• Like 2

Idiots of the week or maybe even longer,health check point at Cuban Immigration sorry Mus I knew how much this trip meant to you moon.gifcowpoop.gif chin up mate 2thumbs.gif

i should mention that one of my best mates, now an extremely successful and well respected businessman and sports administrator (who shall remain nameless), still gets crap from his mates - that would be me and others - for a stunt when we were 'younger'. at a chrissy party held at seaworld, someone offered $200 to anyone who'd swim the shark pool - across and back. my mate did not hear this but later heard two blokes talking about how much you'd need to swim said shark pool.

alcohol may have been a factor - big surprise - but my mate jumps up and says he'd do it for $20, not realising he could have got $200.

so in he goes - 200 people all watching, above and below ground - and he does a lap. then starts to sober up. decides it is time to get out real quick smart but by now, security and the dogs have arrived. the dogs are pool-edge by now and doing their best to tear my mate's throat out, which of course means he is forced to hide. in the shark pool. and getting very very nervous. security eventually drag the dogs away and he clambers out. and has copped it ever since.

speaking to seaworld employees a few years later, who were a bit horrified, they said that the main danger was not the sharks, which are well fed, but the giant groper. it is extremely curious and they were rather surprised it didn't come and grab him and take him down below to discover what he was.

and D, be fair. think how much poorer the world would be if mates didn't convince other mates to do stupid things.

Ken,

Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/J5Tfb_ichVs

I've always enjoyed diving and selective spearfishing. It's really disappointing to see half wits like this. I know first hand how unpredictable sharks and particularly tiger sharks can be. They are vacuum cleaners, chomping up whatever they can, from injured fish to birds. Their teeth are shaped to tear at turtle shells and the front of their head is square and hard for protection. Diving with reef sharks and small whaler sharks is accepted if you are in a close group of two or more but if a tiger appears it's time to get out and move to a different location.

Ohhhh, well...the recklessness of youth. People that young age think they're immortal, naturally do reckless and stupid things, alcohol is also a big strong factor. I didn't start wearing a seat belt until I hit the age of 35 because THEN my own mortality began to occur to me. These things will continue. And it can only be excused (?) if the only casualty is him (or her) self.