I Hit the JACKPOT....

I've seen beetles on more than a few occasions but I've never seen anything like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sprinkle their carcasses outside your humi to put all the others on notice that you don't mess around.

Kind of like that Planet of the Apes thing?

Sprinkle their carcasses outside your humi to put all the others on notice that you don't mess around.

I was thinking of putting them on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but your idea is better. LOL

• Like 1

I pray ever time I go in to my 4 humidor and two wine cooler that I don't find any Beatles ... Sorry for you lost

Won't find George or John that's for sure.

• Like 1

So when you freeze and then take out to put in the fridge for a day while still in a bag, do the cigars ever get condensation on them?

You don't have to put them in the fridge. If they are in an airtight bag (as they should be), just take them out and leave them be till they are on roomtemperature again. The condensation from the warmer air will be on the cold surface (which is the outside of the bag). If later the cigars have roomtemperature again, you can take them out and there will be no condensation on them.

I've seen beetles literally walking on the wooden cigar shelves when I was in a walk-in at a B & M in the States. "It's not a beetle!" Riiiiiight.

• 3 weeks later...

This cigar is beyond smokable. The only thing I want to reiterate is freeze for more than 3 days, I would say 7 days just to be safe.

Lots of protein in that cigar.(LOL)

What's your temps? that's the big variance.

Using the kill temps from that research paper, most people's fridge-freezer is no good for hitting the right bottomed-out temps. Likely, they have to go into a deep freezer. Gotta hit below -10 Celsius I believe it is.

My deep freezer is -14 C, IIRC. 3 days fridge, 3 days freeze, 3 days fridge, back in coolerdor still in freezer bag, then observation monthly for 6 months before vacuum-bagging for long-term sleep.

My freezer is 6F (-14C). The problem is I didn't freeze long enough to kill any larvae. Another thing is that they hatched a year after freezing. Didn't think the larvae stage was that long

After I came across wood mites in a couple of my boxes, I now vacuum seal every box that comes in my door. I then freeze it for a minimum of 4 days.... Normally 5-7...

I've never worried about 24 hours in the fridge, then into the freezer, back into the frige then 2 hours on the counter bla bla bla.....

I take them right out of the freezer, remove the vacuum sealed bag, and leave them on the counter for 10 minutes, until they are at room temperature, I inspect them and they go into the humidor... I've done this with hundreds of boxes, and I've never had a wrapper split, burst or result in any damage.

My freezer is 6F (-14C). The problem is I didn't freeze long enough to kill any larvae. Another thing is that they hatched a year after freezing. Didn't think the larvae stage was that long

It's the eggs that hatch, not the larvae. And the larvae are more easy to kill…