Rafael Gonzalez PC

airtrade

I've had some fresh ones '13 ,that were great.

I have 2 boxes from Jun 12. Mine have been smoking great.

Downtime.......figure a week of rest for every day in transit. 8 days transit, 8 weeks rest. That's a pretty good rule of thumb for any stick.

• Like 1

Got a box of these recently. May 12 date they still seem a bit harsh.

Anyone have experience on down time with these?

Sounds like there stressed!

Smoked a BAM May '12 earlier today. No harshness. Actually smooth, coffee/cocoa with a background of sweetness. Smoked it to the nub. Very enjoyable smoke.

These are new to me too. I've had them resting only about 2 months.

Smoked a BAM May '12 earlier today. No harshness. Actually smooth, coffee/cocoa with a background of sweetness. Smoked it to the nub. Very enjoyable smoke.

These are new to me too. I've had them resting only about 2 months.

These are BAM may 12 too, might be a little over humidified. I wasn't real bad just some harshness crept in less than halfway through.

Funny I just described the flavor to someone exactly as you did coffee with some sweetness.

Could just be taste or young tobacco or a dud!

I find RG quite woody with a bite to them which could come across as harsh. The best way is give them another go I'd say, the next one might be completely different!

Well my impatiens got the best of me. Smoking another right now. First must have been a dud or smoker error.

This one is smooth coffee with a slight sweetness nice cool smoke. Very enjoyable!

• Like 2

A lot of times I'll smoke a new stick ROTT because I'm so excited to try it. If I were a smarter (and more patient) man, I wouldn't touch a stick until it had been in my care for six months MINIMUM!

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed the woodsy, coffee and sweetness of the RGPC's

Great cigars with some age on them. Been wanting to get a box of them for quite some time now as I'm out. Glad to hear good things about the recent ones.

Well my impatiens got the best of me. Smoking another right now. First must have been a dud or smoker error.

This one is smooth coffee with a slight sweetness nice cool smoke. Very enjoyable!

Please don't take offense to this as that is not my intention, but it is very interesting to note how often one or two people claim a certain flavour is present in a cigar, and then all of a sudden everybody is tasting it. I have little doubt that if Rob comes out and says he always gets caramel mango monkey vomit from upmann 2s, dozens will suddenly start noticing it too. The power of expectations....

Please don't take offense to this as that is not my intention, but it is very interesting to note how often one or two people claim a certain flavour is present in a cigar, and then all of a sudden everybody is tasting it. I have little doubt that if Rob comes out and says he always gets caramel mango monkey vomit from upmann 2s, dozens will suddenly start noticing it too. The power of expectations....

No Offense taken.

For me you are 100% correct. With my limited palate and weak descriptive ability I surely take naming flavors from others. Maybe coffee or cocoa or mocha I'm not sure. I had just described that to someone else in an email when I saw the post from CaptQuint.

Now that you named it,I think the Regios have a bit of that caremel mango monkey vomit in them! Lol !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...