What happened to the Czars Customs?

I'm a relatively new member of the forum and customer at *****AS, and I've just seen the reviews of the Czar and the Tampa on YouTube.

Just wondering if these are still being sold by Czars? I was extremely disappointed when I couldn't find them, the reviews sounded like an experience that was not to be missed.

If anyone's got enough to share, I would be delighted to try one. Please PM me and we can arrange something! I have watched the reviews and pined over these bygone rolls.

I've got 2 Czars and one Tampa that I was gifted

Can bring myself to smoke them. Perhaps I'll burn one in a couple of years for my 30th

Prez, what ever happened to the whispers of another batch of customs?

There was talk of them a year or so ago and last I heard they were stuck in Cuba somewhere

Did it get too difficult to get them here or did you decide to keep them all for yourself ok.gif

I was lucky to try both. But I only bought 3 singles of the Tampa. 1 left.

Rich is the word. Like Christmas dinner and dessert :-)

Love the shaggy foot as well, very cool.

Can anyone thinkof any regular production or readily available RE's that have a shaggy foot?

I was lucky to try both. But I only bought 3 singles of the Tampa. 1 left.

Rich is the word. Like Christmas dinner and dessert :-)

Love the shaggy foot as well, very cool.

Can anyone thinkof any regular production or readily available RE's that have a shaggy foot?

As far as I know, none

There are a couple of NC manufactures that have done shag foot cigars

The Viaje Summerfest springs to mind

I've got 2 Czars and one Tampa that I was gifted

Can bring myself to smoke them. Perhaps I'll burn one in a couple of years for my 30th

Prez, what ever happened to the whispers of another batch of customs?

There was talk of them a year or so ago and last I heard they were stuck in Cuba somewhere

Did it get too difficult to get them here or did you decide to keep them all for yourself ok.gif

I'm pinning all my hopes on there being another series of customs, I feel like we all really missed out on something for those of us that didn't get a chance to try them.

Might i ask what these were? Custom cigars?

Yeah mate, custom blends by Rob. One was The Czar, and the other was the Tampa. I think the Tampa was dedicated to one of Rob's and the forum's good friends who passed away.

I'm pinning all my hopes on there being another series of customs, I feel like we all really missed out on something for those of us that didn't get a chance to try them.

If i remember correctly, Rob mentioned the Cuban authorities were very strict after the first batch of customs. So there's no way shipping it out or something to that effect.

If i remember correctly, Rob mentioned the Cuban authorities were very strict after the first batch of customs. So there's no way shipping it out or something to that effect.

Suppose they probably didn't like a foreign business using Cuban tobacco.

I guess that's it for Czars customs then.

I think the Tampa was dedicated to one of Rob's and the forum's good friends who passed away.

Yes....... Rob's intro to the Chuck tribute section:

"Chuck was a great friend to many of us here at FOH. He passed away suddenly earlier this year (2010).

Friend, confidant, lover of thin gauge cigars, lover of a laugh. Always the first to help out, Even in difficult times his optimism and sheer quality as an individual bore through the darkness like a beacon. Much admired moderator on FOH, thousands have passed through here always the wiser as a result of his good humour and advice.

We miss you Chuck! I will see you soon enough."

Yes....... Rob's intro to the Chuck tribute section:

"Chuck was a great friend to many of us here at FOH. He passed away suddenly earlier this year (2010).

Friend, confidant, lover of thin gauge cigars, lover of a laugh. Always the first to help out, Even in difficult times his optimism and sheer quality as an individual bore through the darkness like a beacon. Much admired moderator on FOH, thousands have passed through here always the wiser as a result of his good humour and advice.

We miss you Chuck! I will see you soon enough."

I have read through many of his posts. Seemed like a stand up bloke and always keen to help and inform, a great guy. A great shame he passed

I have several of each still. There was a tale around 2012 that new batches were indeed coming out, but I don't think the recipe is just right yet....

(This thread makes me think of Chuck!!ok.gif )

I'd love to try one. Hopefully I can get my hands on one but I doubt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Czars Imperials and Tampas have stood up well which is satisfying.

I have no idea when any more will be forthcoming. Getting Custom Cigars out of Cuba in commercial volume is difficult ...probably because it is illegal...lol3.gif Manuel Garcia has a lot to answer for ...tantrum.gif

More importantly, to do it properly you need to be there and blend the cigars to your taste (as done with Czar/Tampa) otherwise it risks just becoming a "ho- hum" product. True customs need to be infused with the personality of their maker.

Getting Custom Cigars out of Cuba in commercial volume is difficult ...probably because it is illegal...lol3.gif

Volume is definitely going to be one of the biggest issues I think. If it's a possibility that these are ever done again there are plenty of us here who will be absolutely chomping at the bit to get our hands on some!