...the Official last Warning.....

Set off the fire alarms again last night in the hotel. Love the serviced apartments here but by God I can't cook toast without raining that shrill alarm hell.

Presented this morning with my final warning rolleyes.gif

Two options. Take the ken Gargett approach and sue!!!!!!

.....or roll over.

I rolled. I now have 6 meals in the fridge of "Lean Cuisine". I assume the microwave will be friendlier biggrin.png

Set off the fire alarms again last night in the hotel. Love the serviced apartments here but by God I can't cook toast without raining that shrill alarm hell.

.....or roll over.

I rolled. I now have 6 meals in the fridge of "Lean Cuisine". I assume the microwave will be friendlier biggrin.png

who have i ever sued?

amazing how the threat of it does enable the engendering of a situation of productive dialogue and consensual compromise where all relevant parties are given the opportunity to rearrange their views to align with that most appropriate - ie, mine.

and given the number of salads you've dodged, a little lean cuisine may not be all that out of order.

yes, pot kettle.

I say screw them and their last warning. Test the waters and see what they do. Cook up some more toast and let us know if they truly meant it was your last warning or not... ;p

I say screw them and their last warning. Test the waters and see what they do. Cook up some more toast and let us know if they truly meant it was your last warning or not... ;p

Appropriate advice from the GodofFire

I live in an apartment building and we get at least 5-6 fire alarm call outs every few weeks the vast majority being burnt toast or steak. The worst are early morning 5:30-6am on a Sunday morning tantrum.gif

I now have 6 meals in the fridge of "Lean Cuisine".

whisper.giflooking.gifcovermouth.giflookaround.gif

Riiiight.

Yep. Take out tomorrow night. I'll bring some booze.

Try not to get kicked out of this one, eh? It's getting hard to drop in when you say I'm at the usual place, but then I find out when I'm there, you got banned 3 weeks before...

• Like 1

.....or roll over.

Please don't blow up the microwave tongue.pnglol3.gif

Riiiight.

Yep. Take out tomorrow night. I'll bring some booze.

Try not to get kicked out of this one, eh? It's getting hard to drop in when you say I'm at the usual place, but then I find out when I'm there, you got banned 3 weeks before...

Its embarrassing Chris. banned from 6 hotels in Sydney and counting.......

• Like 2

There's always Chris's place lol

Its embarrassing Chris. banned from 6 hotels in Sydney and counting.......

I can't think of a single hotel that had cooking facilities in the room. When you say 'hotel', do you mean 'doss-house'? nyah.gif

I can't think of a single hotel that had cooking facilities in the room. When you say 'hotel', do you mean 'doss-house'? nyah.gif

That is the exact problem. There is no cooking facility. He just sets fire in the middle of the room and surprised how the alarm goes on and on :D

• Like 2

That is the exact problem. There is no cooking facility. He just sets fire in the middle of the room and surprised how the alarm goes on and on biggrin.png

Arf. I now have a picture of Crocodile Dundee (with Prez's head) in that hotel room in New York...

That is the exact problem. There is no cooking facility. He just sets fire in the middle of the room and surprised how the alarm goes on and on biggrin.png

It's a serviced apartment.

I have a sensitive smoke detector in my apartment, whenever I use the stove I have to climb up onto a chair and disconnect it from the wall... I know that's not an option for you, I just feel your pain is all.....

The worst is if it ever goes off for a real fire I'm probably so desensitized that I'll sleep through it...

The smoke detectors in our new home are extremely sensitive....overly so. We can't broil a steak without it going off...we call it "the dinner bell".....hungry.gif

Next time maybe leave the charcoal at home and bring the gas barbeque..

Are you insane?!?! surprised.gif

You are talking about a man who not only set fire to his BBQ, but also set fire to the LPG tank hose!!