...the Official last Warning.....

Concerning how Rob was banned from 6 hotels and counting, they are all interesting stories....

I know most of them but will leave it to Rob to tell those very colourful stories over a cigar and a drink.

As for this current serviced apartment, you need to take out the batteries of the fire alarm (assuming it is not hard wired).

Otherwise, you can always stay over at my new place when it is ready in a few months. It is not exactly convenient for you though.

Did you burn the toast or just use the toaster as normal?

Perhaps the hotel need to install a thermal detector if they allow that facility to be used within the apartment...

Guest chunkatlarge

OK this is what to do, I was in the security game 100 years ago and sold smokies as part of our package, the law now states you need to have power backup smokies protecting the exits, there are two very different types of smokies ones with PE beams inside them (less prone to false alarming) the PE beam has to see smoke so cooking usually won't set it off, the ion type smells smoke, them ****ers go off all the time, (false alarm) the reason they are still around is cause they are cheap! Also they are radioactive, nasty!! One other thing if false alarms are going to keep happening use a heat detector instead.

Look mate… Ever hear of a shower cap? Yeah, they put them in the showers for the ladies… probably even in Oz. Put one over the friggin smoke detector and stop the problem. If the place catches on fire, say someone else did it and then you have Ken sue them…!

Me, I hate low flow water fixtures. I have been known to bring a couple of adjustable wrenches and a drill to hotels. If the shower runs like someone who has got his testicles in a knot, I take off the shower head and modify it with a trusty drill!

Safety features/conservation features will be the downfall of mankind!

Cheers! -R

• Like 1

Concerning how Rob was banned from 6 hotels and counting, they are all interesting stories....

I know most of them but will leave it to Rob to tell those very colourful stories over a cigar and a drink.

As for this current serviced apartment, you need to take out the batteries of the fire alarm (assuming it is not hard wired).

Otherwise, you can always stay over at my new place when it is ready in a few months. It is not exactly convenient for you though.

Looked hard wired to me. Though I have to agree with Rob, it is a bloody stupid place to stick a smoke detector. Really wasn't his fault.

And it is a really good place, so Rob, do whatever you need to to not get banned.

Looked hard wired to me. Though I have to agree with Rob, it is a bloody stupid place to stick a smoke detector. Really wasn't his fault.

And it is a really good place, so Rob, do whatever you need to to not get banned.

Ah, in that case, I agree with Piggy - shower cap. Or ask them for a fan and point the damn thing at the detector.