Interesting idea... What stick would you age from the birth of your child

I would get a cigar that I know I really enjoy. Nothing worse than finding out 12 years from now that you really don't enjoy the cigars you've bought for this special occasion.

That being said, I'd encourage you to think about picking up a box (or 2) if you can. Smokie one a year on/around his birthday that way you can reflect on how the cigar has changed over the year while thinking about how much your son his grown in that same amount of time.

Excellent idea I would try and get A Cab. or box

I was born in 1949,so if I'm going to wish I 'll wish big! A coustom rolled Presidente from the Robania farm!

I'm half asleep my son just turned thirty my youngest, but you know what I think it would be the same cigar only A Cab. of 50!

I feal like I'm part of some sleep deprivation study! I feal like I'm starting to get rummy! I apoligize! Just one more week!

Wish I'd done so. Would have some nice '86 and '88 sticks still hanging around. Probably Partagas and Montecristo based on my early smoking preferences.

No damn internet around then though......

Wish I'd done so. Would have some nice '86 and '88 sticks still hanging around. Probably Partagas and Montecristo based on my early smoking preferences.

No damn internet around then though......

Mike. i've a box of 88 things.

pm me

I know u have a ton of opinions here but I just did the same when my first was born and went with sir Winston's. U just really can't lose with that cigar

• Like 1

I second the guy that said to get a whole box. We all know how these cuban sticks are. You buy two, what if one is plugged? Better to buy a whole box to be safe. I've never had a box of 10 or 25 where at least 2 weren't good smokes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I second the guy that said to get a whole box. We all know how these cuban sticks are. You buy two, what if one is plugged? Better to buy a whole box to be safe.

ah! i was suggesting that so he would have more to smoke... didn't even take that into consideration.

Mind you, if the bloke's going in blind, he better have a good guide dog to sniff out the bad ones. a little pinch up and down the stick and a quick inspection of the foot should tell you where the plug is or isn't!

one of the worst feelings in the world is looking forward to a very good cigar only to find it unsmokeable because of x or y.

You let me know what to look for in ten years, and I'll keep an eye out. ;)

I would say Behike but they weren't released in 2007. Siglo VI maybe? The EL's from '07 were crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst Behikes are excellent, I don't think they are a long term aging option. Siglo VI are a good aging option, although very long term aging is probably something of a lottery.

Sir Winston

Esplendido

Lusitania

LGC Mdo 2

it should be a worthy stick for a celebration,and you should have enough to share..........

X3

Can't go wrong here.

Personally I would go with box of churchills, or DC's to celebrate. No single sticks.

I thought about doing this for my kids born Dec 2013. I still haven't bought anything yet. Since I don't have the luxury of walking into a store, I probably won't worry about getting the specific box code month. I'll either buy something, or just set aside an unbroken box that I already have in my inventory. Why get hung up on matching the exact date? Just dedicate a box of cigars you know will be good.

I would get a cigar that I know I really enjoy. Nothing worse than finding out 12 years from now that you really don't enjoy the cigars you've bought for this special occasion.

That being said, I'd encourage you to think about picking up a box (or 2) if you can. Smokie one a year on/around his birthday that way you can reflect on how the cigar has changed over the year while thinking about how much your son his grown in that same amount of time.

ok.gif

Pretty interesting options here ! I don't think a whole box is an option yet, I'm just not setup for that type of capacity.

I get want some to share, but my thought is my son and I sitting down just the two of us and discussing a few things over a smoke!

Pretty interesting options here ! I don't think a whole box is an option yet, I'm just not setup for that type of capacity.

a ten box of Vegas Robaina Maestros is an option. they're not too expensive and I've hardly heard any negativities on them! :)

don't need much room for those, either ;)

If your looking for less than a box maybe the LFdC Grandiosos while still around may be a good option. They are sold in 10'ers otherwise a PSP box of Party Lusis or Siglo VI's 10'ers would be the way to go, they age very well and won't take up alot of room. Best of luck with everything.

If your looking for less than a box maybe the LFdC Grandiosos while still around may be a good option. They are sold in 10'ers otherwise a PSP box of Party Lusis or Siglo VI's 10'ers would be the way to go, they age very well and won't take up alot of room. Best of luck with everything.

er- he's looking for cigars from 2007.

otherwise, would've been a decent selection. ^_^