Interesting idea... What stick would you age from the birth of your child

I had an idea the other day... Get two sticks from the year my son was born... 2007, and age them until a special event... Graduates college, gets married, has a child... Turns 18. All depends where he's at in life.

What sticks would I get?

I would say Behike but they weren't released in 2007. Siglo VI maybe? The EL's from '07 were crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd get an entire box.

07s are still known for floating about.

Year and month. I've found boxes of Cohibas from month/year of many of my mates' Annis and children's births.

The EL's from '07 were crap.

:D

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

• Like 1

2007 with a particular month might be hard to find in one given stick. I would grab whatever I could find.

With that being said, I have these set aside for the birth months of my two sons

Bolivar Coronas Gigantes - Feb 2011

Cohiba Lanceros - Jun 2013

Both HQ and resting peacefully in my locker

2007 with a particular month might be hard to find in one given stick. I would grab whatever I could find.

X2 on that. Forgot to mention that.

Beggars can't be choosers,Now!

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

Sir Winston

Esplendido

Lusitania

LGC Mdo 2

it should be a worthy stick for a celebration,and you should have enough to share..........

Sir Winston

Esplendido

Lusitania

LGC Mdo 2

it should be a worthy stick for a celebration,and you should have enough to share..........

X2

Can't go wrong here

My first was just born, 7/3/14... 9 days ago. This is something I've been thinking about for a while. It's down to...

H. Upp Mag 50

CoRo

Espy

Or Mult boxes of RR

I've recently been gathering sticks from NOV '09, as it's my wedding month and year. It's been a little hard finding a full box, so I've just been getting 5ers and singles. My wife likes to enjoy cigars with me, so I'd like to get enough to have one each for the next 20 years or so

I've got a bunch of different boxes marking the month and year of birth and I've kept one of each EL from the year as well, along with a few RE's.

HDM EE's tend to age long term pretty well.

• Like 1

I think it should be a larger cigar, something that really says, "This cigar means business."

• Cohiba Behike 54
  • HU Sir Winston
  • Cohiba Siglo VI
  • Monte No 2 (has to PSP quality)
  • Cohiba Esplendido

I stuck to classics since there is a certain aesthetic appeal that feels suitable for commemorating such important events.

I also have all of my boxes from each month and year vacuum sealed to slow down the exchange of air and aging process.

• Like 1

I had an idea the other day... Get two sticks from the year my son was born... 2007, and age them until a special event... Graduates college, gets married, has a child... Turns 18. All depends where he's at in life.

What sticks would I get?

I would get a cigar that I know I really enjoy. Nothing worse than finding out 12 years from now that you really don't enjoy the cigars you've bought for this special occasion.

That being said, I'd encourage you to think about picking up a box (or 2) if you can. Smokie one a year on/around his birthday that way you can reflect on how the cigar has changed over the year while thinking about how much your son his grown in that same amount of time.

• Like 2

While I do not have any kids myself, I was born in 1994, and still see a couple of boxes of those years floating around albeit they are very rare. Eventually I would like to add two boxes of DC to my collection from this year and use them as birthday smokes. One a year or so should last me until I'm 70.

I think it should be a larger cigar, something that really says, "This cigar means business."

• Cohiba Behike 54

2010 release, mate

other options are still good! ^_^

You forgot the king of the ass kickers: Montecristo A!!

You forgot the king of the ass kickers: Montecristo A!!

Ah of course. How could I forget the Monte A. Great choice. You and your son could re-live every single memory you've got with that monster!

We've killed the idea of an LE...

But how about the idea of an RE? Huuuuuuuh? Did anyone think of that, now?

May i suggest: the Juan Lopez Obus? 07 re-release?

The cheaper Vegas Robaina Maestros?

The larger: Ramon Allones Estupendos?

Harder to find: Edmundo Dantes and Bolivar Simones 50 cab.

or one of my all time favourite cigars: The Montecristo No. 4 Reserva Cosecha 2002.

I was born in 1949,so if I'm going to wish I 'll wish big! A coustom rolled Presidente from the Robania farm!

I'm half asleep my son just turned thirty my youngest, but you know what I think it would be the same cigar only A Cab. of 50!