Hi guys. Apologies if this has been here before. Just wanted to know how many d you are accessing the forum via the Tapatalk app?

Safari on my phone is forever logging me out which stops me seeing uploaded pictures so I thought the use of an app might help to keep me logged in.

For those that are using it...any noticeable difference over the normal mobile version of the forum? Any major pros/cons??

Cheers.

Tapatalk works fine for me when I'm mobile. Better than iOS Safari IMO

I use mobile browser ( i5 ) for LFTH and polls, and Tapatalk for everything else.

A stationary computer is not an option for me very often, so I've learnt to use what I've got.

(Except for the English language it seems...)

Excellent. Thank you very much for the replies everyone.

I use my phone mostly for convenience but I do have a pc here as well.

Due to the mobile browsers logging out issue I will see how I get on with tapatalk (replying through it now) and use the computer for the LFTW etc.

I've already noticed that with Tapatalk it's far easier to add pics to posts. In the mobile browser I had to switch to the full version of the website to do that!!

The only issue I have with Tapatalk is that it lists the most recent posts in all the forums, rather than allowing me to browse each forum individually. Other than that, it's quite good.

If Safari is causing problems, try using the Dolphin browser. It's swift and very nifty for all mobile devices.

I like Tapatalk for everyday browsing and posting pics. The one issue I've had is it crashing when you scroll down too far into the older topics as it doesn't divide them up into pages and overruns the cache I think

I prefer the full site functionality on the PC, but I've used the Tapatalk app quite a bit on my Android phone and never had any issues.

Greg

That's only in Timeline view. If you pop out to the menu, then tap on Forums, you can browse each individually.

Aha, thank you! Opinion upgraded from 'quite good' to 'rather good' ok.gif

Thanks again for the help guys! I've downloaded and started using it. Definitely easier for uploading pics it would seem as on my mobile I have to switch to the full forum version and not the mobile version in order to do that.

I think it will be a case of using whatever suits at the right time. I'm on my PC at the moment and that's definitely the best overall experience!

I'm not a major fan, as I prefer to just use my Macbook and browse on Firefox – the ultimate experience for me. Often times, I will go to the "full" version of the site even on my iPhone.

I'm warming up to it now, though. Though I haven't explored far enough, I still haven't found a way to check your forum messages via the application. This had been my major complaint. The cool thing that just gave the application major points for me just happened five minutes ago. I was laying here in bed with the laptop and my phone buzzed behind me. I went to check it, expecting a text, and saw a notification that Ken had direct-quote replied to one of my threads. Now THAT'S a cool feature – assuming it alerts you only when you've been quoted and not anytime someone replies to a thread you've just participated in. I was impressed because it was a surprise and I found out by way of the notification quicker than I noticed while browsing the forum on my computer. Cheers!

I'm not a major fan, as I prefer to just use my Macbook and browse on Firefox – the ultimate experience for me. Often times, I will go to the "full" version of the site even on my iPhone.

I'm warming up to it now, though. Though I haven't explored far enough, I still haven't found a way to check your forum messages via the application. This had been my major complaint. The cool thing that just gave the application major points for me just happened five minutes ago. I was laying here in bed with the laptop and my phone buzzed behind me. I went to check it, expecting a text, and saw a notification that Ken had direct-quote replied to one of my threads. Now THAT'S a cool feature – assuming it alerts you only when you've been quoted and not anytime someone replies to a thread you've just participated in. I was impressed because it was a surprise and I found out by way of the notification quicker than I noticed while browsing the forum on my computer. Cheers!

If you're on iOS back out of the forum until you come to the list of functions - notifications, subscriptions, unread etc. you will see a option marked convo's that will take you to your messages

• Like 1

If you're on iOS back out of the forum until you come to the list of functions - notifications, subscriptions, unread etc. you will see a option marked convo's that will take you to your messages

You the man, Pete. Thanks.