Not sure on this Siglo II

AbuAmelia

I received this box of Siglo II. The band doesn't look great to me. It may be good, or someone just got lazy while cutting these. The color in the band is a grey and not black. All my other Siglos are perfect. What do you think of how it's cut?

ahezymed.jpg

This is the Siglo I

Looks great to me.

me8unyre.jpg

honestly, i chalk this up to Cuba being Cuba... i've got a box of Siglo VIs with a TERRIBLY labelled two bands. 2 and a half squares, no comma to separate "Habana, Cuba", and non glossed golden writing. but i trust it was still a siglo VI as it was 2 in 25 that was just like that. if i got this in a box, i wouldn't be too worried

this is probably the 4th story (including mine) about a few bad bands

those cigars look so nice and the caps are quite nice compared to fake Siglo IIs i've seen. do you have any pictures of the box? does the box code check out? what's the box date?

• Like 1

All these threads about people questioning their cigars. Seriously, this is not what cigars are about for me. I buy from one person, and one person only. Sure, there are better deals out there from non-australian suppliers, sure there are others who have a different range of cigars, sure there are other vendors who have other features in the sale process.

But at the end of the day i whole heartedly trust who i buy my cigars off and i know i am purchasing the best of the best. I have never once even looked at a bar code, or at the detail of a band or box. Not a single thing. I wouldn't even be fussed if i bought a box of cigars and they came in a plastic bag with no bands. I TRUST who i buy from. I don't buy cigars to worry about the legitiamacy of what i am buying, i don't scrutinise my cigars. I buy them to enjoy them.

• Like 1

...the caps are pretty raggedy too...

All these threads about people questioning their cigars. Seriously, this is not what cigars are about for me. I buy from one person, and one person only. Sure, there are better deals out there from non-australian suppliers, sure there are others who have a different range of cigars, sure there are other vendors who have other features in the sale process.

But at the end of the day i whole heartedly trust who i buy my cigars off and i know i am purchasing the best of the best. I have never once even looked at a bar code, or at the detail of a band or box. Not a single thing. I wouldn't even be fussed if i bought a box of cigars and they came in a plastic bag with no bands. I TRUST who i buy from. I don't buy cigars to worry about the legitiamacy of what i am buying, i don't scrutinise my cigars. I buy them to enjoy them.

Quite honestly I agree with you some degree. The result everyone hopes for is to not question the product they received. I've purchased and received over 70 boxes from my Vendor since early February. If he was on this board, he would verify, and I'm sure 3/4 of the board orders from him. I, like you don't even look at the box codes or anything like that. Everything I've received was great, no complaints, until I got this one box yesterday. I've contacted my vendor and let him know, he said send it back, and I probably will. It's like this, of all the information that we learn being on these forums, why not use it when it comes time to? If you were to walk into a B&M store, and saw this box of cigars, I guarantee you will not buy a single one out of the box. If you did, then there is no reason you shouldn't buy cigars when traveling to the street stores in the Bahamas. Same looking cigar. Now this cigars may be 1000% legit, and it probably is, but I'm just not happy with the appearance of them. Again, I love my vendor, and I'm not questioning his company, I'm just not happy with this box. I would not feel confident passing these to a friend, or trading on other forums as everyone would call me out as trading fakes.

Again, I love my vendor, and I'm not questioning his company, I'm just not happy with this box. I would not feel confident passing these to a friend, or trading on other forums as everyone would call me out as trading fakes.

mind you, it's just a matter of time until you find a box like this. But you shouldn't return it! why will you not return it?

because you trust your vendor! :)

As for me... Unfortunately, i don't have a set vendor. various things i just have to get from other vendors (REs, RRs, GRs, aged, etc) but if i listed my options, i would guarantee that NONE of you would tell me that they are unreliable! it's just how the wind blows nowadays

Can't go by the band alone - both NC and CC bands are at the QC of the printer. You've really got to go by how they smoke.

Thanks guys. I am just going to keep them. I'll smoke a couple after the resting period. The smell is ok on them, just that damn band!