Brewery in Habana

That's awesome! I must try some.

That's cool.

I actually remember having a Cuban beer many years ago at a little restaurant up the Sunshine Coast. It was called Hatuey.

We use to absolutely rinse it. Was a very refreshing beer. Anyone familiar with it?

Hatuey was brewed in Cuba by Bacardi until their breweries and distilleries were seized by the government in the 60s. There's a Bacardi owned Hatuey beer brewed in the States now I believe.

Hatuey was brewed in Cuba by Bacardi until their breweries and distilleries were seized by the government in the 60s. There's a Bacardi owned Hatuey beer brewed in the States now I believe.

Good to know! This was in 2001 ish! Cartons were $60AUD at the time and still didn't stop us hammering through it! Cheers

From my mobile phone

There has been a "brew-pub" for years in Plaza Vieja in Havana, also in conjunction with Austrians. Probably the same crowd. They make a lager and a darker beer. I've had some of the lighter stuff on a few occasions, it's not bad at all. I'd have thought Cuba too hot and humid to make decent beer but they seem to be doing alright at it.

The two popular Cuban beers currently are Cristal and Bucanero. Cristal is a bit lighter, Bucanero stronger. Both perfectly fine, I have found myself drinking them sometimes to rehydrate..

This time I see Becks and Corona getting very popular with locals with money.