Smoked a REAL cigar for the first time

Not literally, but it certainly feels that way.

As a relatively new smoker, I've been buying up as many different petit coronas, coronas and robustos as possible. Trying to work out what I like.

Among other things, I got the Petit Corona 8 cigar HQ sampler from *****AS, because it had a few things I wanted to try (Siglo II, Monte #4, PLPC etc).

The sampler had a Juan Lopez Petit Corona in it, which is not a brand I had tried before, nor had any immediate interest in trying. Well, sometimes it's a good idea to branch out, because this turned out to be the best cigar I have ever smoked.

Smooth, creamy... absolutely delicious. These are words I've read in reviews but have never experienced.

I finally get it now... how come you guys love cigars so much.

One question: are cigars usually this good?

If aged long enough, can I expect most cigars to be this smooth and have so much flavour (as opposed to mostly tobacco/smoke)? Or was this an exceptional example?

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with those Samplers!!! Rob puts those together and makes sure everyone gets great sticks. I like the JL Marca. The JL Petite Corona is a stellar cigar, not always one of my go-to's, but nice to mix into the rotation from time to time. The JL # 2 is also a great cigar.

To kind of answer your question. You will always get some "dud's" from time to time in every marca, but as you explore and taste some different cigars, you will find the flavor profile that attracts you most. I will say, I have not tasted just a bland tobacco/smoke flavor in the CC"s I smoke in a long time.

• Like 2

To kind of answer your question. You will always get some "dud's" from time to time in every marca, but as you explore and taste some different cigars, you will find the flavor profile that attracts you most. I will say, I have not tasted just a bland tobacco/smoke flavor in the CC"s I smoke in a long time.

Thanks for the insight, Skyfall. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. This hobby just got a whole lot more expensive jester.gif

The Corona sampler has a JL #2 in it, so that will probably be my next smoke.

maxcjs, I hope it's as good for you too. I'm definitely considering a box.

Good thread, thanks. I'm trying to decide between the corona gorda or the robusto sampler. Probably won't go wrong either way.

You can't go wrong with those Samplers!!! Rob puts those together and makes sure everyone gets great sticks. I like the JL Marca. The JL Petite Corona is a stellar cigar, not always one of my go-to's, but nice to mix into the rotation from time to time. The JL # 2 is also a great cigar.

Very well said, Skyfall.

Enjoy the journey of discovery, merc.