Plugged Cigars

I had a Nicaraguan Corona cigar last night and once lit, it was like trying to suck a tennis ball through a rubber hose. I was at a restaurant and the only thing i could find was a toothpick but it didnt helped much. Tried poking from the end and rolled the cigar in between my fingers but it didnt work. Poking it from the burning foot didnt change anything either.

Do you usually discard your cigars if you find that its plugged? Does the unplug tool really work and do you have your own DIY tool for that? (I have a straightened paper clip but i've never tried it before but i doubt it works)

I know many of you would rather get a new stick but for those of you who give second chances, what method of yours works best?

Cut it up into pieces and put the tobacco in a pipe... thats what i do.

After noticing how much tobacco was in my ashtray from punching/clipping cigars I decided to keep all the offcuts in an empty box, after only a few months I weighed it and had over 60g! I couldn't believe it. I don't have a pipe so who knows what I'm going to do with it all... probably end up going to one of my rollie smoking mates..

I would not recommend smoking pure wrapper (which is pretty much what your pile of tobacco is).

I use my cutter and start from the foot and cut approx 5mm pieces off the end of the cigar until im down to the head,,, then tear the head up by hand. I then put the tobacco in a bag, give it a bit of a shake and when i feel liek a pipe bowl thats what i use... sometimes i even mix the cigar tobaco with some pipe tobacco. I draw test my cigars, if the draw is tight i do the fridge/freezer trick, if it still doesnt clear and it's obviosuly got a hard knot in it then it gets the chop.

Plugged cigars go as far away from me as I can throw them. My experience is that if a cigar is plugged, then the best I'll be able to work it to through poking and rolling is getting it to a still tight draw. I don't want to work that hard to get a cigar to a draw that's still tighter than I prefer.

Had a massively plugged Bolivar Corona Gigantes 1997 last night.

Completely solid 1/3 of the way up the stick from the foot.

Reamed it several times with a purpose built corkscrew style reamer, massaged rereamed etc ...all to no avail.

Cut it above the plug but after all the nursing it had gone bitter so binned it and sparked up PLAN B ;)

uge8usuj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk