A box in a box, in a box.

The Mrs came into the house from running errands today saying that Christmas had arrived. Indeed it has! These beauties have been in my OLH for some time now. Glad to see them come home. Good? Oh ya...thick, dense, almost chewy smoke, and smoooooth. Flavours remind me of refried beans, leather, and on occasion some meaty bits. A subtle touch of woodiness as well - and that is fresh. They should be stellar after time in the cigar bin.

post-8350-0-12460700-1394002603_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I had an 898 from April 11 last night while laying outside on the day bed on my deck. It was awesome. I was upset when i got it down to half an inch and had to toss it!

I just smoked my first last week. I bought a box from Oz on recommendations from some kind insightful folks here. I knew it was pushing things to try one so soon (TUO Sep '13) but I couldn't resist. I know what you mean about smoooth, dense, moist, creamy smoke. It put me in the 'cigar zone' where nothing else mattered, just the smoking experience was all I had on my mind. I haven't had a cigar do that for me in a while. It reminded me why I love CC's.

The last 3rd let me know how young it was and hopefully will give me the motivation to let them rest before trying them again. Sooo looking forward to that time.

PS: construction, draw and burn was flawless.

Thanks for posting your mini review.

Dan

It put me in the 'cigar zone' where nothing else mattered, just the smoking experience was all I had on my mind.

I could not agree more Dan. First time I tried these was from a PartiPack purchased from Czars. It came with two 898s. Both put me in that zone, so jumping on an HQ box was a given. Enjoy.

Alan

I LOVE a good 898!

I am currently demolishing 2 boxes from 08 that I was lucky enough to snag from our good hosts LFTH sales last year, and I have placed some fresh ones high on my list.

Great short review and accurate description of what I love in them. One of the best cigars in my rotation right now.

I love these as well. I have another 25 coming and will be going deep on these this year.

Edit: these arrived today TUO SEP 13 and are gorgeous. The nicest Partagas wrapper I have seen in a long time. Perfect shade of Colorado with a velvety feel and wonderful sheen.