My first Cuban

Thought I would be a good boy and wait for the time my standard pre beetle treatment of 1 day in the fridge 3 days in the freezer and 1 day in the fridge again. Then rest 30 days in the humidor, but with Rob posting the sale on the Partagas Serie D No. 4 on sale (I'm always a sucker for a good sale). I had to stick a single I just received a few days ago in the fridge and let it quickly thaw. Only given a few hours in the fridge and I decided to give it a try to see if it appealed to me to order more.

I gotta say the blind tasting Rob and Ken have on this and in the video review section are pretty much spot on. I remember someone mentioning on another forum that Cubans are all hype and the other non CC blends have gotten so much better and consistent etc that the Cuban smokers are a bunch of snobs in a way. I gotta say this is total BS. This is the first robusto that I have really enjoyed that keeps me curious as to what is coming next with the complexity of the flavors. It's pleasant out of the fridge in comparison to other non CC robusto's that I have tried. (I know I'm preaching to the choir right!). I was hesitant when Rob suggested a robusto for me but I left my faith in him. Just cant wait till I really get to sit down and enjoy them after setting for 30 days.

Great selection as advised by Rob, first one out of 15 is a winner and could easily become one of my favorites. With 14 different ones to go my wallet might not like you in another month or two but my taste buds are sure liking you. Say hat's off to the Cubans and let the nay sayers go pound sand.

I guess I'm somewhat to blame, Corey. But don't come to me for a loan when your credit cards get maxed out. I have my own card balances to hide and to try to pay on the sly. innocent.gif Somehow, the growing inventory of boxes of CC's has gone unnoticed. I'm not looking forward to the day when I hear her screaming, "Where the F did all these Cuban Cigars come from?? And how did you pay for them??". help.gif

Now that you have dipped your toes into the waters of the Dark Side, you're on your own, my friend. No one can help you now.

• Like 2

I'm actually appreciative and I think this side is going to cost far less than what I was smoking for non CC's which most of them were nearly the cost of CC Cohibas (Like the Red Dot Cohiba Black and Davidoff etc.). Seems like to get a decent non CC it usually costs in excess of $10 a stick and $15-20+ to get a really good one. Where as my first one out of the bag was right up there with sticks I have tried at two to three times the cost of a non-CC counterpart. I'm no math genius but I read a few text books on the subject and business to decide it's really a no brainer. Once my humidor of non CC's empties I highly doubt I will fill it with anything other than CC's. Just wish I hadn't bought nearly a grand worth of non cc's just a couple months ago. Oh well, those can go to the people who I can't trust to finish a good smoke. Storage is my problem right now. I'm down one humidor waiting resolution with Daniel Marshall. Have a big tuppidore setup in the meantime to store any new incoming.

I'm actually appreciative and I think this side is going to cost far less than what I was smoking for non CC's which most of them were nearly the cost of CC Cohibas (Like the Red Dot Cohiba Black and Davidoff etc.). Seems like to get a decent non CC it usually costs in excess of $10 a stick and $15-20+ to get a really good one. Where as my first one out of the bag was right up there with sticks I have tried at two to three times the cost of a non-CC counterpart. I'm no math genius but I read a few text books on the subject and business to decide it's really a no brainer. Once my humidor of non CC's empties I highly doubt I will fill it with anything other than CC's. Just wish I hadn't bought nearly a grand worth of non cc's just a couple months ago. Oh well, those can go to the people who I can't trust to finish a good smoke. Storage is my problem right now. I'm down one humidor waiting resolution with Daniel Marshall. Have a big tuppidore setup in the meantime to store any new incoming.

X2. CCs reduced the cost of the hobby for me.

X2. CCs reduced the cost of the hobby for me.

Absolutely - if you buy smart and stay away from the double-banders, you will be cheaper off than with NCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the dark side wellcomes you and now you need space.Bigger Humidor and an unlimited creditcard for trying out the Re,Gran Reservas and all the others.Wellcome in our world and wish you a good balance between all.