Great Cigar Reminders: who has lost a piece of clothing to a cigar?

Like others, a pair of pants. Singed the tip of some fingerless gloves while stubbornly nubbing something good one winter outing. And a neat hole in the top of my waders. Fortunately higher than I wade.

My tally includes a tablecloth (this past Christmas Eve), few shirts, wife's blouse and one pair of jeans. Still wear those so that doesn't count.

Smoke naked..that would make a disturbing video review of any cigar...but might save some clothes :)

No holes on shirts, pants, shorts etc. so far ...

But I lost a Lumix camera to a jet torch lighter in Havana.

My Singapore buddy lighted a cigar with it, put it down next to my camera, didn't realize the flame was still burning and the flame heat melted away a screw/cover on the camera body.

The residues fell inside the lens assembly and after that I had spots on all my pictures.

Wanted to repair the camera back in Germany but the repair cost was higher than the value ..

Expensive experience ( my friend never realized what happened and I didn't tell him ) ...shead.gif

Back in 2006 I purchased a McLaren team jacket at the Melbourne Grand Prix, cost me around $500 bucks.

Three months later, cold evening, put on the jacket (Damn I loved that jacket!) enjoyed a few drinks and cigars with some friends, and the ash fell and burned a hole in it. pod.gif

I still have that jacket but it's obviously ruined.

I think the booze had a play in it because after all these years, I have never come close to dropping ash on myself, i'm normally always conscious about it.

I've never damaged anything meaningful of my own, however I did once burn a hole in the brim of my wife brand new $200+ straw hat. This was over 20 years ago, she reminds me every time she wears it.