Montecristo Double Edmundo - Box codes

This is surprising. A lot of people swore by GUT '12 coded Petit/Edmundos - even I enjoyed the odd GUT made Monte PE. I would have thought the Double Edmundos from GUT would be received as rather excellent - given that premise - on FOH. On that note, didn't RMS put out incredible JL #2's last year as well?

I'm not surprised Montecristo is produced everywhere and/or provincial, but perhaps it is too early to discredit? I've been told the new Montes, DE and more so the Petit #2, were straight killers by European smokers, definitely not to be missed. A lot of hate for the DE right now by many here, I wonder if is truly justified or wrong. I guess we will find out soon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about ICK JUL 13, YUK JUL 13 and NOP JUL 13

That's silly - factory codes get moved around. I have some GUT Upmann Monarcas that will make you cream your jeans. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

>Insert eating crow sound< I double-checked and they are GTL MAY 2007 I do have some GUT JUN 2012 RA Petit Belicosos RE UK that are quite nice (but not as nice as the Monarcas)

Fascinating. What is the full code for upmann monarcas?

>Insert eating crow sound<

I double-checked and they are GTL MAY 2007 :innocent:

I do have some GUT JUN 2012 RA Petit Belicosos RE UK that are quite nice (but not as nice as the Monarcas)

• Like 1

Mine are crap. Don't buy from me currently until I see something resembling a decent Montecristo come through. Appalling. Shithouse. The worst new release since the Monte Open....and I would buy a current Monte Open over these.

• Like 1

Mine are crap. Don't buy from me currently until I see something resembling a decent Montecristo come through. Appalling. Shithouse. The worst new release since the Monte Open....and I would buy a current Monte Open over these.

Whoa

>Insert eating crow sound<

I double-checked and they are GTL MAY 2007 :innocent:

I do have some GUT JUN 2012 RA Petit Belicosos RE UK that are quite nice (but not as nice as the Monarcas)

I suspected, but I didn't want to say. I have smoked those RAs and they are really not for me.

Bought my box from Pres. Maybe that is why mine are good.

tried a couple of the new double edmundo's in Havana last November. Would not waste my money on these duds.

This is absolutely typical of a new release. I remember being at the original Edmundo lunch in London and them being absolutely slated. They recovered after a while.

Similarly it happened to the Open range a which I was also at the London launch, but that never fully recovered!

Give it a year or two until they start using decent leaf.

This is absolutely typical of a new release. I remember being at the original Edmundo lunch in London and them being absolutely slated. They recovered after a while.

Similarly it happened to the Open range a which I was also at the London launch, but that never fully recovered!

Give it a year or two until they start using decent leaf.

Have you been to the London launch of Cohiba BHK line? Was it different from the "other" launches?

Would not waste my money on these duds.

Most peculiar of statements.

As a business, it would only benefit the company to provide an excellent product in a launch, in order to give rise and momentum to its subsequent release. That said, HSA has hit the ball out of the park with most - if not all - launch cigars. Off the top of my head for recent releases, I remember the RyJ Wide churchill being rather fantastic, joined by Partagas E2, Behikes, and Upmann Half Corona. Sometimes, HSA goes out of its way to ensure such an end, that the OR is on a transcendent level from subsequent releases, whether it be tighter quality control, sources of tobacco, or even producing a one-off launch version of the release cigars, ie Magnum 50, Epicure Especial, once again the Behike and Half Corona, and Cohiba PE.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

I had to re-read the original question... I thought everyone was trashing the Montecristo Grand Edmundo and I was baffled as to why the reviews were so terrible when I've always thought they were among the best I ever smoked.

So... general consensus seems to be that the Monte Double Edmundo is best avoided. Alrighty. Duly noted! smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• Like 1

This is surprising. A lot of people swore by GUT '12 coded Petit/Edmundos - even I enjoyed the odd GUT made Monte PE. I would have thought the Double Edmundos from GUT would be received as rather excellent - given that premise - on FOH. On that note, didn't RMS put out incredible JL #2's last year as well?

I'm not surprised Montecristo is produced everywhere and/or provincial, but perhaps it is too early to discredit? I've been told the new Montes, DE and more so the Petit #2, were straight killers by European smokers, definitely not to be missed. A lot of hate for the DE right now by many here, I wonder if is truly justified or wrong. I guess we will find out soon.

It is 100% justified because it is our opinion. There is no "right or wrong"...

I will smoke more in a couple months, but for now, these are WAY up my "never buy again" list.

This is absolutely typical of a new release.

errr… no. It's more typical of new Montecristo releases… I will never forget the day the first batch of Edmundos arrived in Paris… in the shops where we were allowed to light up, people couldn't believe how bad the cigar was…

And many boxes of the first batch of Sublimes contained underfilled hot air tubes; you could guess it as soon as you took the cigar in hand, the weight wasn't right for the size…

Which new releases were good? No double bands, please?

I thought the BHK 54 was very good at first, the 52 less so, but still good. I like the Partagas E2, Royal Robusto, RA Superiores, RG Perlas, Half Coronas, Rob T, Reyes, Cuaba Salomones, Grand Edmundos, Dukes. Maybe a few more.

I remember liking the Genios also, but have not had many of the OR or at all for that matter, so hard to judge comparatively.

A few double banders, but still good releases imo. Better than subsequent ones, even if the newer ones are enjoyable as well.

Just my 2 cents...

I have to say that I am disappointed on the MDE in terms of general quality and smoking. I have only smoked the crap ones (the majority). The few great boxes I located I supplied to members looking for them.

Maybe I am a nong, but for a new release then there needs to be attention to detail. Surely.

There have been some excellent New Releases,Cohiba Siglo VI comes immedately to mind but also Trini Fundadores/Robusto T, RJ Short Churchill, plenty more.

Next months could indeed be stellar and the "dropping the ball" could be an abberation. We will wait and see. I still have a problem also with the pricing. Makes no real sense. As I mntioned yesterday with the Monte Petit 2, it is as if they are highballing all new releases. I don't have a problem with that if they are going to produce a "wow" factor, a superior product.

Sorry, Sir! You had stated your opinion and did not provide any more information on the codes?

Montecristo Double Edmundo Box Codes is the thread - please, ban me, and if you do, I would like to know, for what?

People have been more nervous around here lately.

Sorry, Sir! You had stated your opinion and did not provide any more information on the codes?

Montecristo Double Edmundo Box Codes is the thread - please, ban me, and if you do, I would like to know, for what?

BTW, Thank you for information!

no codes I have seen are acceptable. Other dealers may say different. No reason to ban anyone? put on your big boy pants and move on.