Flor de San Luis?

Just curious if any one has ever heard of these or tried them. I read somewhere that they have Cuban Nicaraguan blend. I am new to CCs but from what little I have read on here and elsewhere I was under the assumption that HSA controlled the sale of Cuban tobacco very tightly and only Cuban puros were allowed basically. Are there any modern cigars out there that have Cuban leaf blended with anything else?

Below is the article I read. Not sure how he go Cuban tobacco or if it's all just a lie.

Carlos Pereda Creates New Blend with Rich Tobaccos.

May 18, 2012. Flor de San Luis is a new cigar rolled at a small factory in Nicaragua. What is remarkable about this new cigar is that the blend is made of both the rich tobaccos from Nicaragua and the aromatic tobaccos of Cuba.

Carlos Pereda grew up in San Luis, Cuba just down the road from Alejandro Robaina. He moved to Nicaragua and started a cigar factory less than a decade ago. He has had small successes with non-Cuban blends. These brands are slowly growing in the USA and Europe.

Now with Flor de San Luis, Carlos has created a cigar for Michael Theodore and Michael Wilson of London which is slowly becoming available around the world, excluding the USA. It is illegal to sell a cigar made with Cuban tobacco in the USA.

Carlos attributes the blend to his work with Alejandro Robaina, his great uncle, who he smoked samples of the blend with.

The cigar is being made in Robusto, Piramide, Exclusivo (150mmx54) and Aniversario (140mmx58)

Below is the article I read. Not sure how he go Cuban tobacco or if it's all just a lie.

I call it bullshit. You can search the website, you won't find a single word about the provenance of their "supposed" cuban tobacco, not even a word about the type of leaves supposedly used.

Yes it's just a lie…

I thought it was fishy sounding because I searched for a while last night and found nothing about the type of Cuban tobacco used, but being only a few months into my CC experience I thought maybe it's true and I missed something. That's why I Asked here.

Isnt the Camacho 1962 pre-embargo rolled with a certain amount of Cuban filler. Correct me if Im wrong.

thinking.gif Before the embargo, there wasn't any …err… embargo teacher.gif on cuban products… and millions of cigars were made in the USA with cuban tobacco…

Im just stating the claims of camacho not my opinion. It was asked if any current cigars are rolled with pre embargo cuban tobacco and this is the one that came to mind. Do a quick google search if you want to read about the stick.

I have smoked 4 of the pre embargo camachos and they are one of the reasons I began my journey into the world of Cuban cigars a few months ago. There was something about them that was a little different than the NCs I had been smoking for a year or two. I began searching around and ordered a box of Monty 4s and a box of hdm especials and fell in love with Cuban cigars. It's to the point now(only about 6 months since my first true Cuban) that I can barely smoke a NC cigar. I have about 400 NC of which 350 I can't stand to smoke.

My only problem is I only have 5 boxes of cubans and because of my location I can't really stock up if you know what I mean so I am doing it one HQ/PSP box at a time :) I have to be patient and I am truly grateful to the wonderful folks on this board and the amazing job that Rob and the guys do.

Historically there has been cuban tobacco rolled with non cuban tobacco in the Canary Islands.These cigars are primarily sold in Spain.

It is conceivable that Nicaragua could have trade with Cuba,and that could include tobacco going in both directions,since Cuba cannot ever produce enough wrapper.