Warranty Seal - 11 digits?

calafro

I received a box of Montecristco 2s from a long term and reliable supplier. They look great, smell great and they smoke great. I was pulling them out of the humidor earlier today and I happened to glance at the serial number of the warranty seal. It had 11 digits.

Any box I have ever seen and anything I have read has been consistent in that the serial number was 12 digits. Anyone ever see anything like this?

• 4 months later...

I am new so go easy on me. How would I go about showing pictures of a box of montecristo no. 2 to show the warranty seal and it's numbers. Also the sticker from Spain that is on the box. I went to the habanos site and manually entered these numbers. Not coming up. But you must see this box, if they are counterfeit it's a really good one. Everything is there, everything. The cigars are good. I am very curious about this box and it's contents. I could not find out how to start a new post. I know this post is from the end of last year and I hope someone sees this. If not, sooner or later I'll figure out how to post. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.

from the front cover, take a high quality picture making sure you get the bar code of the box.

like this: habanos-montecristo-no-2_MLC-F-304136231

then take a picture of the bottle of the box. like where that paper ends and all there is is cedar (wood)

then take a picture of the top of the box.

note: the picture above i found was off a dealer's website. funny that they're fakes, eh? :/

Aye. Box stamp is wrong. Spanish sticker is missing. And the font/ shape that the box code is printed on is all wrong. Any more different and I'd be calling that Comic Sans :D

I'd be interested in the dist. too if you could shoot me a PM as well? Or to everyone. Just CC it! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

Same language. I don't think there would be another sticker.

MINSAP is the Cuban ministry of health. Those stickers are only on boxes sold in Cuba, not on any boxes for export, even to Spain.

Spanish boxes have a different style of sticker.

So to sum up what has been said (or to clarify) in response to the pictures posted by Jal154:

Issues that definitively make this box fake:

1. That type of box seal has never been produced. The closest version was the one shown by Trevor and even that was not the same. However, for the box code you have shown it should be different. It should also have the seal number printed in multiple locations on the seal in micro printing.

Issues that cause concern:

1. Multiple stamps. I am not sure what the stamp at the top right of the box is supposed to be. It appears to be some (completely incorrect) version of the NIVELACUSO or CODIGUNETA system.

2. No round Altadis sticker.

3. Cuban health seal

4. Font used on the box code. I have never seen that font used. It is certainly not out of the realm of possibility

5. The brand on the front of the box appears to be slightly off. This could certainly be a case of “Cuba being Cuba” for all I know.

6. The number comes back as not being a product of Habanos SA. I have never had this happen to me although I have heard that this can happen with real boxes. The seal you posted simply doesn’t have the correct amount of numbers on it.

Bottom line:

This box is not legit. If the seal on the box of Montecristo No. 2s is the same this is also a fake box. Everything you received through that vendor should be considered suspect in my opinion. I know it sucks to hear this. It can be heart-breaking to hear all of the boxes you’ve purchased are suspect.

There are numerous sources out there with a wide range in prices. It is best to find one or two unquestionable sources and stick with them so you never have these issues. Most of us have been there at some point in our life. This site is a great place to locate a vendor like I’ve mentioned above. Sometimes a few extra dollars are worth the peace of mind. Hopefully this post doesn't come across as harsh as it is simply meant to help. Kind regards...

• 1 month later...