What movie do you love that you don't want to admit to

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet (the Baz Luhrman version)

Meet Joe Black

The Notebook

City of Angels

lookaround.gifblush.png

Well, if you like City of Angels be sure the check out Wings of Desire. It's a German movie starring Bruno Ganz which City is based on...much better movie.

E

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic! There are quite a few listed I can understand 100% but there are also some classics in here that I cannot see why anyone would be ashamed of.

Movies like Beaches, Sex in the City, The Notebook ( I am ashamed of but I loved it), Hook, Peter Pan, Love Actually (which I loved), Steel Magnolias, Moonstruck, Godfather 3(sacrilegious), Fried Green Tomatoes definitely fit the topic well. My best friend still laughs at me about loving the Notebook. These movies I can understand 100% I would never admit to liking any of them!

But movies like Highlander (a classic!), Step Brothers (Classic), Weird Science (classic), Crazy, Stupid Love, (great movie seen it 10 times and still laugh), She's Out of My League ( that girl is so hot how can you be embarrassed), Old school and American Pie are two of the best movies ever, The Natural (another classic), Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (hilarious), all these movies are classics and no one should be ashamed of!

Maybe it was growing up in the 80's and being raised on all those cheesy movies, but some of the movies listed are some of my favorites.

Movies I am ashamed of, definitely the Notebook (I did actually cry), Perfect Pitch as mentioned have seen it a few times and would not admit to it, and I am sure there are many more that are not coming to mind.

Love Actually. I HATE XMas movies with a passion. But this one is funny. Hugh Grant at his best. Great cast overall, very funny movie.

x2 I don't know what it is but I love this movie.

We where soldiers

Mel Gibson was outstanding as Lt. Con. Hal Moore!

That's a fantastic movie. No shame in admitting that !

I always liked When Harry Met Sally. Meg Ryan was pretty hot back in the day.

I'll say it........Moulin Rouge!

Which one? The 1954 one with Jose Ferrer or the newer one from 2001? or such

Don't judge.

FAME!!

Funny to see what some find embarrassing and not. I imagine some of these are enjoyable / significant because they are tied to some experience or memory or childhood... At least for me it most likely is.

Don't drink your juice while being a menace to south central.

Not love but funny as hell when first watched it.

The 5th Element (milla jovovich)

The Green Mile

I love The 5th Element (I've got 3 copies on DVD and BD) and like the other two and don't care who knows it. Nothing to be ashamed of there...

I can't see why Fifth Element is a movie to be ashamed to love... everyone loves it especially me :)

Any Studio Ghibli films (for a guy in his late twenties my aunt teased me when I asked for Howls Moving Castle on DVD for a pressie lol)

Fame (cheese fest)

Dumb and Dumber (me and my brother always quote the film!)

The Mighty Ducks (a classic but no one loves it apart from me)

Watership Down (another classic.. once my dad caught me watching it and checked my forehead for a temperature LOL)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Fever Pitch

Laws of Attraction

Wedding Date

Finding Neverland

Ass MILF's 5

Silver Linings Playbook

Crazy, Stupid Love

This is 40

She's Out of My Leauge

Probably missed some...

Those are some good/decent movies.

I can't see why Fifth Element is a movie to be ashamed to love... everyone loves it especially me :)

Any Studio Ghibli films (for a guy in his late twenties my aunt teased me when I asked for Howls Moving Castle on DVD for a pressie lol)

Fame (cheese fest)

Dumb and Dumber (me and my brother always quote the film!)

The Mighty Ducks (a classic but no one loves it apart from me)

Watership Down (another classic.. once my dad caught me watching it and checked my forehead for a temperature LOL)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I love Mighty Ducks!!!!