Hockey In North America

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLORADO AVALANCHE! (FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR FANS DON'T SUCK THIS YEAR!)

haha yea The Avs haven't had a Good season since the original Crew was still together in 2001. Been a tough ride since then

2002/3 were tough to watch not winning

I stoped caring since last years lockout. Habs tickets are overpriced, unaccesible. Dont get me wrong, I think skills wise, Hockey is the hardest sport to play of all the major sports, these guys are amazing athletes. But meh. i'll start paying attention to the nhl when febuary rolls along. Hopefully for the sake of this city habs have a good year. I cant stand hearing all my work colleagues moan and ***** after a loss.

The STARS at night, are big and bright. Deep in the Heart of Texas!!!

Go STARS Go

Detroit is finally back in the East where they belong. Looking forward to making the playoffs for a 23rd consecutive season. And since the Wings haven't won a Cup in 5 years I think they're due.

Go, Wings!

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Detroit is finally back in the East where they belong. Looking forward to making the playoffs for a 23rd consecutive season. And since the Wings haven't won a Cup in 5 years I think they're due.

Go, Wings!

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Sucks I always love watching Avs vs Wings Games. Classics. Maybe We can get a Classic Stanley Cup Avs/Wings Finals

i'm assuming you mean ice hockey, rather than hockey?

must confess that when i lived in the states, i watched a little on tv. never really grabbed me but clearly some serious skill with some players.

is it still played in thirds? is any other game done in thirds? anyone know the history of that?

i went to one game live. living in DC, it was the DC whatevers (can't remember) playing the kings. i went because i wanted to see gretsky. i'd had so many canadian friends bang on about him for so long (even my sister who lived in edmonton for a while). one even said to me, and i swear this is true, "every american knows where they were and what they were doing when JFK was shot. for canadians, every single one of us can tell you where they were and what they were doing when they heard gretsky had signed with the kings". perhaps it is true (his other memorable quote was when we were travelling and arrived at the edge of the great rift in africa. "you know, this is almost identical to canada, if you took away the animals. and the rift".

one of those experiences where even if you don't appreciate the finer details one can only pick up by playing and/or watching a sport for years, it was clear that he was just class. he glided (by this i mean he seemed effortless and to have so much time). the way darren lockyer used to glide on a league field had some similarities. but he was superb. kings led 3-0 with about 3 minutes to go, so more than half the crowd left. i refused to go (i was with a friend from home and she was bored by the whole thing and had left ages before). next thing, DC slotted 3 goals and we are in overtime. and overtime was 0-0. terrific night. i can see why people love it.

More specifically he's talking NHL. Yes most hockey talent is there but the leagues a joke other wise.

Not watching a single second of NHL anymore. Was a Devils fan before I gave up on the league

Ive played puck all my life and up until a few years ago watched the NHL religiously. Pucks in the blood

Ill stick to college and juniors though

Go Kings!

Seattle is trying to get a hockey & basketball franchise. It would be nice to have an NHL team.

I've been following USHL Jr. hockey. (GO DUBUQUE FIGHTING SAINTS). Last year got to fly out to Chicago to see the Chicago Steel play Dubuque. My kid played hockey for 10 years. Hard go in Washington State.

Love the Jr. Level. These kids are still fighting for a career in the pro's.