Migration from Iphone to Samsung 4

...It is a nightmare pod.gif

It is not Apple's fault that my Iphone 4s can't swim well. it died of owner stupidity pod.gif

Went for a Samsung Galaxy 4 Active......it will survive a little time underwater and suits my fetish of taking my phone while fishing neck deep in water.

Leaving Apple for Samsung is not an easy task.

have any members who have gone through the same "change" experience come across a commercial program that has made the process seamless?

Any hints would help party.gif

Rob I just made the exact switch a few weeks ago, brought on by owner stupidity too!?! LOL

I just had all my needed data on google (contacts, photos etc) and easily transferred over that way through the google "cloud." I love the bigger screen, but found I like the iphone better for my use. But ive owned them for 6 years so was so used to them!?!

Good luck

Welcome to the dark side of the force Rob...I love android personally. especially when i use my gmail account. Contacts are automatically loaded on my phone and vice versa, google calandar as well for my meetings/appointments/ect.

Pesonally i'M waiting on the note 3 before i change from my galaxy s2 lte

Android, plus Gmail, plus Google + (just for the photo and video backup), plus replaceable battery, plus expandable storage, plus better internals, plus MAX customization . . . I could go on and on = Superior device.

I love my Galaxy Nexus because Google provides everything for free. No cloud expenses, no ridiculous sealed battery etc. There is nothing Apple provides that makes it worth being locked out of your entire phone. iTunes is nice, but my entire itunes library was synced to Google Play and the look and feel is fantastic.

Rob, I was a long time iPhone user, and made the switch to an Android phone last year, right after they released the 5. I was wanting a larger format screen, not just an iPhone 4s with a longer/stretched screen. I made the change to the HTC One and never looked back.

However, if the only reason you're switching is to get a water proof phone, you should look at the Lifeproof line of water proof cases.

Lifeproof

It really all depends. If you're not someone who plans to mod your phone a lot, then the iPhone is the easiest top-tier phone, provided the screen size is okay for you. Just get a Lifeproof case (waterproof!!) with your new iPhone and you're set.

I've been an iPhone user for a while. I don't miss being able to change the battery, because the iPhone battery lasts a LONG time. As far as backing up when not in wifi range of my computer, it backs up to Google via Gmail (even my contacts and Notes back up from my iPhone!) for free. As far as the iTunes monopoly--just download the VLC app for free and you can plan anything you want. I don't mind no on-board storage options, because I have a 1TB wireless hard drive.

The Apple ecosystem is still more closed than Android, Windows, etc. But it's gotten much more open in the last couple years via 3-rd party apps and unlocked iPhones. In fact, I never run into something that I wish my iPhone could do, but can only be done on Android. That's just me, of course.

I almost made the move to the S4 Active but the deeper I dug the more flaws came out. I didn't want to settle for a lesser quality display for a little bit of water resistance.

I would have told you to get a LifeProof case, hands down the best case your money can get you. I took my phone with me underwater nearly everyday for three years never even had a worry that the phone would get harmed. I just took my 4S out of the LifeProof case for the first time in three years, there's not a single blemish on the phone. It's in its brand new condition, I actually just posted it on eBay today.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND LifeProof to any iPhone user that needs a case that can take a brutal beating from the hard pavement to the bottom of the streambed.

Agreed on the Lifeproof cases. I use an Otterbox Commuter series case for my iPhone 4 day in and day out (my wife has one on her phone too), but then I switch over to the Lifeproof case for those says that I'm doing stuff in the field or on the water, per say.

However....the Otterbox cases are phenomenal too. My iPhone is still in mint condition, and I've gone through 3 cases in two years now, dropped out of helicopters, run over by police cars, smashed off someone's head in a brawl, slammed off the deck of a frigate, etc. While the cases may crack and need replacement (lifetime warranty)....phone's still goooood! 2thumbs.gif

Have an Galaxy S4 phone and love it. When I bought it, it came with a free Apple Iphone 4 which we gave to our 7 year old daughter. I must say I'm not impressed at all with the I phone 4, glad it was free. In my opinion, Apple may have been the innovator, but their products have fallen way behind the technology of the Samsung Android phones. Granted, all my phones have been Android, just was never in love with the Apple addiction like the masses.

Is there any way you can get out of the contract prez? How long is the cooling off period?

My advice if you were making the transition would have been to go for the sony experia z1. Great phone and waterproof to boot. Put a rugged case on it and the phone is ready to rock and roll, literally.

The advice on lifeproof cases is also sterling. The best option in my opinion would have been an iphone 5s and one of those cases. If your an icould user, upon getting your new iphone all you would have had to do would be sign in with your apple id and your everything on the old one would be there. Txts, contacts, apps, emails, music and even the website you last visited would be waiting on you.

Apple set the phone up to make the transition from iphone to iphone seamless, which it is.

Also consider prez that the microsoft outlook suite is soon launching on ios. I think that would make managment of your content much more efficient and akin to your laptop.

Also the iphone 5s camera is in a word brilliant. Think about your warehouse visits and all you would need is your phone and tapatalk for uploading pics. Leave the laptop and camera at home!

Just my two cents mate.

Is there any way you can get out of the contract prez? How long is the cooling off period?

My advice if you were making the transition would have been to go for the sony experia z1. Great phone and waterproof to boot. Put a rugged case on it and the phone is ready to rock and roll, literally.

The advice on lifeproof cases is also sterling. The best option in my opinion would have been an iphone 5s and one of those cases. If your an icould user, upon getting your new iphone all you would have had to do would be sign in with your apple id and your everything on the old one would be there. Txts, contacts, apps, emails, music and even the website you last visited would be waiting on you.

Apple set the phone up to make the transition from iphone to iphone seamless, which it is.

Also consider prez that the microsoft outlook suite is soon launching on ios. I think that would make managment of your content much more efficient and akin to your laptop.

Also the iphone 5s camera is in a word brilliant. Think about your warehouse visits and all you would need is your phone and tapatalk for uploading pics. Leave the laptop and camera at home!

Just my two cents mate.

I am coming to terms with the S4...I think lookaround.gif

No contract. i will give it 12 months and see how I adapt. Must say the camera is excellent and I will use it in the warehouse tomorrow.

The camera believe it or not is the feature I use most.

S4 is a pretty decent device. I am not a fan of all the crap that Samsung installs in there tho. Moving to the nexus line I get the best of android and great hardware.

For a few months I was on the fence between iOS and android. The apps are a little more polished on the iOS platform but android is quickly catching up.

Pretty happy with nexus 7 and 4 combo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4