E-cigarettes.

I use a vaporizer for low dose nicotine at work and at home. I quit smoking cigarettes 4 years ago and it fills the void without having to inhale burning leaves.

It's a good alternative and it's a shame that they are trying to pass legislation against it. Nicotine itself is about as harmful as caffeine by itself. No long term studies are done but there are quite a few supporting medical articles extolling the relative safety of doing so.

I use a vaporizer for low dose nicotine at work and at home. I quit smoking cigarettes 4 years ago and it fills the void without having to inhale burning leaves.

It's a good alternative and it's a shame that they are trying to pass legislation against it. Nicotine itself is about as harmful as caffeine by itself. No long term studies are done but there are quite a few supporting medical articles extolling the relative safety of doing so.

Nicotine is a very dangerous and poisonous substance in 100% pure form as you are saying its the same as caffeine it can actually kill you with just getting some on your skin!

As far as i know they are banned in all the same places as real cigarettes in the UK: buses pubs offices etc

My friend has one and accidentally spilt the liquid on his kitchen side while refilling;, it took off all the varnish, paint, stain etc down to the bare wood in seconds :s

They are not banned anywhere in the UK some company's like pub chains may not allow there use like they done with smoking before the ban.

I call bull **** on the second statement as glycerine (some forms sold as child cough medicine) and some food grade flavourings will not strip varnish.

We aren't talking about pure nicotine here. It's usually diluted to a concentration of 0-24mg/ml. Yes, skin contact is not ideal but even at the higher concentrations as long as you aren't pouring it on yourself you are relatively safe. When I made my own flavors I use doubled up latex gloves as a precaution as I was working with 60mg/ml concentrations.

Whatever is in them, Who knows the full list?) can strip paint and you shouldn't get it on your skin, but it's being vaporised and then inhaled into the lungs. If I smoked I'd keep on the fags lol. At least there will be no paint in your lungs I guess!

I call bull **** on the second statement as glycerine (some forms sold as child cough medicine) and some food grade flavourings will not strip varnish.

I helped him remove the work surface and fit the new one! biggrin.png

They are not banned anywhere in the UK some company's like pub chains may not allow there use like they done with smoking before the ban.

Agreed, there's no legal ban but they essentially share the same legislation now due to companies imposing their own bans, all public transport, hospitals, supermarkets, cinemas, pub/restaurant chains etc. I'm trying to think of places indoors that do allow them now looking.gif

I know a few guys that I regularly go to the pub with and not one has ever had a problem with using them and I have never seen a sign in my life banning them,(please if I am wrong show me) quite a few airlines actually sell them on the planes for use on board (though some due ban them as well).

@ophidiom I suppose we can class arsenic and a lot of other chemicals in there with just as safe as caffeine then as they dont cause problems as long as diluted down.

Agreed, there's no legal ban but they essentially share the same legislation now due to companies imposing their own bans, all public transport, hospitals, supermarkets, cinemas, pub/restaurant chains etc. I'm trying to think of places indoors that do allow them now looking.gif

I guess comparing relative safeties of two different but frequently ingested chemicals was going too far. I'll be sure to check with the safety police next time I post.

Also, arsenic (trioxide) is currently used to treat leukemia patients who are resistant to other forms of chemotherapy. So you know, there is that.

I've been stopped in the mall by staff in these e-cigarette kiosks and, when I informed I only smoked cigars, was told they also have e-cigars! Can't imagine that potty.gif

Ive been toying with the idea of creating a cigar flavor extract but I dont think I would do that to even my NCs that I dont smoke. Mosty because I cant imagine purposely inhaling a cigar. Although you aren't technically supposed to inhale the vapor produced by an ecig since most of the nicotine is absorbed by the blood vessels in your mouth anyway.

I still think they are a good tool to help people quit smoking. I have more of a problem with the companies promoting then as a safe like-for-like replacement for cigarettes. That's when problems are going to arise and then kids taking up e-cigs without previously smoking.

Market then as a tool in the arsenal to help people quit and I'm all for them, market them as a straight swap and nothing to do with quitting then the issue becomes muddled.

At the moment they seem to be in a grey area of a quitting tool / fun harmless activity