Partagas 898

I've never had one and from what I've heard they need at least 5 years. I'm interested in how recent box codes are smoking, right now can anyone share? Also what would be the minimum amount of time you would leave one in your humidor for to have a taste... Appreciate it wouldn't be at is best... But curious to know when you might get an inkling on how good they could be?

I've also heard that they are discontinuing the box of 10s ... Is this true?

I got a 10 box in January which had a '12 box date... and I smoked them within a couple of months, really nice.

Would they have benefited with more time, of course but they were smoking so good.

I actually purchased a aged 898 single from '99 that I smoked today with a friend.. it really was amazing, and now i'm certainly after a nice box to age myself.

So like Shlomo said try them and see, you may find you like them from the get go!

My response will be of no help to you. I currently have a 2011 box resting in my humidor. I have yet to smoke one. Probably wont for another couple years based on what I've heard.

I remember Rob saying that current production as a whole has been dismal. You hardly ever see them on LFTW/LFTH, and when you do they are gone in seconds. If you find a good box, I'd snag it.

I've never, never, never had a bad one. I do prefer the Varnished box selection

I've got a couple of HQ boxes of 898v with the RUE MAY 11 code. One box has been untouched, the other is about half gone at this point. Awesome smokes. I've also never had a bad 898v.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD