Smithy's last day

El Presidente

What what what?!?!? Wishing you the very best for the go forward Smithy, you will be missed here.

Will do my best to try and make the deck this arvo.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here I am late at night still editing bloody video reviews. Committed right to the end

Smithy Smithy Smithy why O why are you leaving me ?????

i have thanked you so many times for helping me and being my rock in the first months in the chair and even until today you never falter.

i will miss you but you will never be to far away to "shake your booty" in front of me when times are tough....not sure if Alastair will take over the role rotfl.gif

Good luck and always be happy flower.gif

I have always looked forward to your next video production and have enjoyed every one. Hopefully you will take part in more reviews on the other side of the lens now. All the best.

Thanks heaps for the kind words guys, had to close the door to my office and have a little cry. Yes it is time for me to take my Wookie costume and move on.

The long and the short of it is I am chasing a girl to the other side of the world and we will see what happens. Feel free to add whatever stupid comments like about that in there, you guys have never held back so why should the last day be any different.

Fuzz where the hell did you find that picture of me with a beard, cigar, cigarette and red wine? Sums up Czars in one photo right there.

It is hard to leave, just this morning Rob, Di and I were in fits of laughter over stupid comments on the cigar review by Ken, Rob's dumb attempt to set up a fish feeder and an over cooked steak from the pub last night. That's what I will miss, good times here, good friends and good laughs. Although I will not be working here I will always return to the deck for a cigar.

Lisa dropped in this week to bring me lunch and say good bye, I will be able to drive up to Redcliffe now and have lunch with you and little Dom.

Please look after Di for me. You may not realise it but she works stupid long hours for you guys and genuinely loves you all most of you. A nice email or asking how her day is going when you place an order makes a world of difference and I ask that you all take that extra 19 seconds in your emails to make Di's day. The other thing is now that I am out and about I can come and knock on your doors around the world and if you have not been good to Di it won't be a friendly knock on the door. She has made me lunch for the last 5 years in an attempt to fatten me up so be good to her.

We have added some great innovation in the world of cigars, the LFH and LFTW have allowed all of you to choose out some great cigars. Some days the amount of bloody in the water is amazing, and guys missing out on cigars because they got tied up in a meeting, dinner, traffic, slow internet connections made me laugh. But lets face it the most important thing we have done is the video reviews. Somehow people take us seriously, like we knew what we are talking about. Just a bunch a drunks taking the piss out of each other and putting it on YouTube. I guess we did get credibility when we told you exactly what we thought of some cigars and told you not to buy them. There were times when I had to wade through hour of rubbish raw video data just to find a bit of gold. But the truth be known there was always more gold than I could squeeze into the 10min reviews.

Rob and I have changed the world so many times on the deck, that we actually changed it back to where we started. I have already missed the rocking chairs from the old deck and will miss the arvos on this deck. There is a lot more I can say here but I think Thanks Rob is enough.

And thank you guys, your support and abuse over the years has been like a warm blanket. I will hopefully share a cigar with you all one days soon.

Best of luck Smithy! Great things happen to great people. Quite the special lady to drag you away from a place like this. Cheers and good luck mate!

Hey Mate just a question. Those Oris dive watches were going for $200 a piece weren't they?

Congrats on the new role!

Lock me in at that price mate.

thanks.

Wait a second........I see what's going on here. Couldn't be more clear.

Late night on the deck, a little too much red wine

Shenaniganz ensue

Smithy threatens Rob with a Sexual Harassment lawsuit

Rob mitigates damages and offers settlement

Settlement includes cash, cigars, hat, keychain, non-compete and immediate termination

????

Am I close?

Here I am late at night still editing bloody video reviews. Committed right to the end

I'm sure there will be a little something extra for you in your final paycheck. smartass.gif

But in all seriousness, congratulations to you and best of luck with your future endeavors. You will be sorely missed by everyone here.

Best Wishes! If you ever come to the Washington DC area, I would love to share a cigar and a drink with you on my deck! Mi casa es su casa.