Who is up for an FoH HERF September 7th or 8th in the Phoenix area?!?! I have PM'd those who I know live in the area, but those who I may have missed are welcome to attend. Right now this is in the planning stages. I don't frequent that many B&M's on a regular basis, so advice on where to meet up would be great. I know the Phoenix Metro Area is huge, so finding a convenient place for everyone will be near impossible. Personally I am happy to drive to meet up and have a great time with great BOTL's.

A couple of places that have been thrown out to me are Fox's Cigar Bar and Magnums. I have been to Fox's and it's great, but I have not been to Magnums. Hope to see lots of FoHers in September!

I am up in Prescott Sat the 7th but would be excited about the indea of something on the 8th.

Talking Stick Resort has Shadows Lounge cigar area...not sure of the hours on a Sunday daytime but of course night is good.

As for more centrally located there is Ye Old Town on 24th St & south of Camelback, just off the 51 for freeway travelers.

I am also not much for local spots, but that is why I like these things to get me out more. Of course it will still be hot I figure so a/c would be nice.

Downtown Phx has RumBar at Breadfruit which is outside but under shade and has a mister system.

Looking forward to what happens with this.

Thanks for posting the thread.

Damn, we are planning a Dallas Hef the same time!

No idea if those dates work yet. Wont know for sure until it gets closer. That being said i would definitely be down for a good herf since the last one was with you guys a long time ago. Fox is a haul for me, but dont mind making the trek. Magnums is much closer. Really nice place, expensive drinks (paying for atmosphere so OK), they used to make you buy a cigar from them to hang out. No worries there either because i can just gift a nc to somone that enjoys them. Never heard of Rhumbar in Phoenix, but sounds interesting.

Mike

Both of those dates work for me. I'm good with any of those options as I'm pretty centrally located. I'm looking forward to meeting eveyrone.

Cheers,

Kevin

Great response guys. Looking forward to putting together something great with everyone. I have been meaning to try rum bar and depending on how many of us confirm we can arrange for some private space. I'll check into it this week and get back to everyone.

Update:

I have contacted a number of locations. I am trying to nail down a place that serves food, drink and is cigar friendly - since we may be at the location for hours. SurpriseMVP mentioned Rum Bar and it looks like a great location. It has great Yelp reviews, a cigar lounge/patio and serves food/drinks. I will keep everyone up-to-date on what I hear back and please don't hesitate to PM to make recommendations.

The only negative to RumBar is that they "say" they don't serve food on the patio...but I bet for a large group (and I know for a friendly small one) that they would bend those rules :)

I would say for more than 20 people it would be a tight fit...they have a patio with 2 seating sections...neat place no matter what.

I will be in Prescott Sept 7th at an event (outdoor so also cigar friendly) so have a great time guys and I will catch the next event....unless it gets changed to the 8th.

I believe Aaron and I are smoking more than one day. At least I am. He can lick his wounds from the 7th all day for what I care :). If you are around the 8th and we find a good spot we could meet up. No issue either way for me. I have a rental car and no clue how to navigate Phoenix. That would be awesome.

sounds like the main gathering will be the 7th and some of us can have a mini-backup gathering the 8th :)

For those who can meet the 8th I would suggest Shadows Lounge at Talking Stick Resort. It is off the 202 in Scottsdale so freeway driving from anywhere. Tons of room, drinks are reasonable in price and a nice place overall.

I will check the Sunday hours and post back up.

Or we can do RumBar like the Sat 7th guys and then have something online in common with them :)

• 2 weeks later...

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!

For those of you who are interested I have made reservations at Magnum's on Saturday September 7th starting a 1pm and going until last man standing (or cab pickup). I chose Magnums for the selection of drinks and the fact that an outdoor gathering, even in September, would be a hot affair. Again, Saturday September 7th at 1pm is the 1st annual FoH Phoenix HERF at Magnum's Cigar, Wine and Liquor. There is no cover, but there is a full cash bar. Streets of New York and Rosati's deliver to the location, so we can arrange a meal once we know our numbers.

I have a reservation for 10 people and if I need to I can add or subtract. Please PM me to let me know if you will be attending and if you are planning on bringing anyone. For those on the original PM's feel free to respond to those as a group.

ALSO - -

For those of you who can't make it on the 7th, or want to meet up 2 days in a row, I think Lance's idea of meeting up at Shadows at the Talking Stick Resort is a great idea. Shadows does not open until 2pm, so come when you can (it is open until 2am smile.png ). I will plan on being there at 5pm (or possibly earlier) to meet up with anyone who would like to attend.

That is all for now. I will post if there are any significant announcements to be made.

I will be at Shadows around 5pm Sunday Sept 8th for a nice evening of chatting with new friends...I will also invite some solid habanos lovers who are not into the forum thing so we can have a good range of folks.

Not sure about the rest of you but I will pack a travel humidor or two with goodies so have some fun variety for smoking & gifting.

Looking forward to this and thanks to Orion for making it happen.

I am going to do my best to bring 2 buddies who are not on the forums...but maybe after our Sunday gathering we might get them on a computer :)

Anyone have feelings about bringing things to trade? I have some smokes that are good quality but just aren't doing it for me like RyJ Ex #4, ERDM Choix, and a few others. If anyone wants I would be happy to bring them....if that makes anyone uncomfortable then I am happy to just bring goodies to give away :)

I would be up to trade with whoever comes. I'm going to bring a bunch of cigars and see what gets thrown around. I would be interestd in a few of the EDRM.

Update:

Saturday: 5 confirmed

Sunday: 3 (plus Lance's 2 buddies)

Post up here or PM me to let me know if you are going to come.

Cheers!