Unusual H. Upmann Box; Have you seen similar?

I was wondering if any of you have seen anything similar to what I recently encountered.

The cigar boxes came from an estate, there were various sealed boxes of H. Upmann cigars, some with the glassine wrappers and all in pristine condition. Just when you thought you have seen it all, I see this box of H. Upmann No. 4's and I am struck that there are a couple of vital things missing.

For starters I don't see the green warranty stamp that I am accustomed to seeing on every Cuban box exported from Cuba, then I turn the box over and there is absolutely nothing on the bottom, what the heck?

Any thoughts?

post-6345-0-80576600-1373980479_thumb.jp

post-6345-0-10077900-1373980495_thumb.jp

post-6345-0-76351500-1373980504_thumb.jp

Very odd and near impossible to date properly. Either it's a fake or the box was "taken" out of the line prior to receiving a box code. Maybe something a visitor to the factory procured on the spot way back when? Do you have any other boxes of HU No 4 with the seals to compare it to?

The Ebay item is what you would typically expect to find on a Cuban cigar box of recent vintage, has all of the appropriate markings and stamps, however I am looking to unravel the mystery of the "unmarked" box pictured in the post.

No government seal, no stamps on the bottom? Fake IMO.

No stamp on the bottom doesn't prove anything. I have seen several boxes without any box codes in LCDHs and different shops.

The absence of gvnt seal is more worryingly, but it could have fell off from the box… it happened on some of mine…

No stamp on the bottom doesn't prove anything. I have seen several boxes without any box codes in LCDHs and different shops.

The absence of gvnt seal is more worryingly, but it could have fell off from the box… it happened on some of mine…

If the warranty stamp fell of it would have left glue residue and on this H. Upmann box, particularly with the white paper top it would have been evident don't you think?

Of course. I am just saying how the box is an exact match of the one pictured and not looking fake. And like Smallclub says, the seal could have fallen off.

Sorry, I misunderstood, if you find an example of a box without the markings and stamp that would be fantastic!

Other boxes from the same estate show all of the correct markings and labels, from "Hecho en Cuba" stamp on the bottom seems like the boxes were 1960-1970

LOL I had the same experience when my dad brought me Diplomat edition of Cohibas. The only way to tell if these guys are real is to take them to an expert, cut one open or have them looked at and examined. The roller from Cuba threw his hands in the air and in Spanish, yelled out the equivalent of "Piece of Crap!!!"

post-8371-0-72967200-1373982792_thumb.jp

If the warranty stamp fell of it would have left glue residue and on this H. Upmann box, particularly with the white paper top it would have been evident don't you think?

On a paper box there should be something left behind. On cabinets/wood boxes they tend to fall of cleanly.

Of course. I am just saying how the box is an exact match of the one pictured and not looking fake.

While I cannot comment on the OP box, it looks far more legit even w/o the seal and code stamps than the box posted on E-Bay.

That box looks quite fake imo precisely due to the stamp on the bottom and from what I can see - I wouldn't touch it :

post-4742-0-72017100-1373982959_thumb.jp

The bottom of the box has that pencil scribble, that you sometimes see on Cuban boxes, do you see that in the second photo above?

Exactly - I've had these schribbles or signatures quite often on boxes and it looks good to me - from a distance ;-)

Here's an example of an old Ramon Allones box, note the markings on the bottom.

Exactly again - here's a 1960 box of La Cosmopolita ( from MRN's stocks, the cigar was quite good ) top & bottom :

post-4742-0-24885900-1373984670_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-06600700-1373984676_thumb.jp