a crime against humanity

not sure if any bette midler fans out there (or still alive or sane) but had that 'divine madness' on in the backgrouind recently. was taking no real notice when something snuck through the fog. she was doing a some sort of medley in which she mixed bobby goldsboro's first time, the leader of the pack and bruce's e street shuffle.

until that moment, i thought that i was the only person who could truly murder a bruce classic. i don't think much of her as an actress and never really thought much either way of her as a singer though i remember she was huge many years ago.

this has really depressed me. there should be laws against this sort of thing.

Yep, ban all Springsteen music.... sneaky.gif

Ha. Not a fan for Bette Midler or Bruce Springsteen, but I completely understand. People trying to cover Stevie Wonder trigger an instant punching reflex in me.

With the sole exception of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers doing "Higher Ground". Didn't make it any better, but did interesting things anyway.

Second album I ever owned in my life was "The Divine Miss M". It was incredible. It has liner notes by Kris Kristofferson praising this young talent. A new undiscovered pianist named Barry Manilow accompanied her. Her rendition of "Am I Blue" put you on stun.

After that she should have STFU.

Kisses,

CB

PS. As for covers, Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way by Ozzy is terrific.

But seriously, who listens to Bette Midler? innocent.gif

fair point. it was just on in the background and i was taking no notice until this travesty.

as for the banning, good luck. and may i simply point out how many times, during history, shakespeare was banned.

Ha. Not a fan for Bette Midler or Bruce Springsteen, but I completely understand. People trying to cover Stevie Wonder trigger an instant punching reflex in me.

With the sole exception of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers doing "Higher Ground". Didn't make it any better, but did interesting things anyway.

Um....how do you feel about Stevie Ray Vaughan's cover of Superstition?

fair point. it was just on in the background and i was taking no notice until this travesty.

as for the banning, good luck. and may i simply point out how many times, during history, shakespeare was banned.

Just funnin ya Ken. lmao.gif

But to be honest, as much stuff over the years as I've listened to, I don't know if I'd recognize a tune of hers or not.