A bit of a guide to Newbie members....

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those new members registering here, and coming into the FOH community....cheers and welcome, first and foremost, and wholeheartedly. You'll find all sorts of people here, from right across the wo

Hello and thanks for the add. I am a disabled vet with double vision from head injury. So, it might take me a little while to figure things out. Been smoking cigars since 1997 and love being a part of

Howdy from the chicagoland area! Just read through all 28 pages of the noob questions and i think it is time for a beer and a smoke.      -roland

Hi all.

I have been a member here for a few years. Not visited much. Have bought a few boxes and have been pleased with them.

I have been smoking for about 4 years now. member of a couple other forums and recognize a lot of folks. I am married to a wonderful ER physician who spoils me with cigars and watches. Just received a custom built aristocrat humidor which I love and will fill in no time. Love the Cuban cigars and the folks that go along with the territory. I play guitar and sing to the dogs! Have a man cave so I don't have to sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter. Have 4 children. 2 are grown and the other two are 12 years old. I live in the country in Missouri and enjoy sitting on the dock watching the sunset over our pond with a good cigar.

Have a great one and smoke em!

On 9/22/2017 at 9:55 AM, zepp69 said:

Hi all.

I have been a member here for a few years. Not visited much. Have bought a few boxes and have been pleased with them.

I have been smoking for about 4 years now. member of a couple other forums and recognize a lot of folks. I am married to a wonderful ER physician who spoils me with cigars and watches. Just received a custom built aristocrat humidor which I love and will fill in no time. Love the Cuban cigars and the folks that go along with the territory. I play guitar and sing to the dogs! Have a man cave so I don't have to sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter. Have 4 children. 2 are grown and the other two are 12 years old. I live in the country in Missouri and enjoy sitting on the dock watching the sunset over our pond with a good cigar.

Have a great one and smoke em!

Aww chit, there goes the neighborhood.  :P

How ya doing Carl?

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, NapalmMan67 said:

Aww chit, there goes the neighborhood.  :P

How ya doing Carl?

Doing great bro. How about you? and yeah, there goes the neighborhood! LOL:blink:

• 3 weeks later...

New to this forum but not to the product. Im located here in NYC. Looking to build up my humidor with quality sticks at good price points and hopefully meet some great, solid individuals along the way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'm a Newbie to the forum.

Everyone calls me Buniek. I was introduced to cigars by my mate last spring and quit fell for them. :) I fell so much for them that next year I'm planning a trip to Cuba. Now I'm trying to learn more and more about cigars.

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, Buniek007 said:

Hi everyone, I'm a Newbie to the forum.

Everyone calls me Buniek. I was introduced to cigars by my mate last spring and quit fell for them. :) I fell so much for them that next year I'm planning a trip to Cuba. Now I'm trying to learn more and more about cigars.

Cheers.

Greetings and welcome Buniek007 - where are you from?

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Father, Swedish, airline captain, skier, wine, food & spirits enthusiast with a cigar problem. Working on a respectable humidor, 40ish boxes as we speak, only Cubans, mostly regular production. Got into the hobby/lifestyle a year ago, it’s been a long winter, digging into the boxes now when the sun starts heating our high latitudes.

Living in Stockholm 

Love the depth of information in the community (also the speed, stock jumpin of the shelf’s on 24:24), hope to contribute eventually.

Take care

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this useful little gem. I'm a none previous lurker newbs and these extra little links are a great trail of breadcrumbs here. Hope to meet and see you all around a little more soon here. Gotta get that post count up. And got a whole new world of leaf to learn. Daunting and exciting at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be demanding. When I buy cigars as long as I can light them and smoke them that’s enough. As for all the gradings, not something I am interested in. I tend to like panatelas, petit coronas, coronas, lonsdales but will occasionally smoke other sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello all,

New to the forum and to FOH as well. Hailing from the city of Sin, New Orleans, LA. Look forward to the education I will receive here. Cigar guys stick together.

Big time PC/ short smoke guy Monday-Thursday. The weekend is when the big boys come out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, Trackmanjoe said:

Great introduction!!! Very much to the point thanks for the add and information it is appreciated!!!

Glad to see that this post / thread has been helping members.  Looking back on it a bit, back to 2013 when I wrote that (already as an "older" member from 2006 or so I think), all I can think of is...."what a crotchety old prick I was!!!!"  LOL.  But glad it's been helping some!!!  Cheers.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:09 PM, Chef said:

This is officially my first post on the FOH forums, and I'd like to use it by complimenting, even admiring, the original post in its offer of guidance to the new member.  

Sincerest thanks,

Mike

Awwwwww shucks.  No need for admiration, or anything like that.  I'm none too vain of a person to require that!!!!  

I will take offers of rum, cigars, and little-spooning to heart though!!!!  ;) :P 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all! 

Newbie here from Los Angeles, California! Been smoking for about a year now, and I recently won my first auction on FOH. Figured I'd join and say hello to the community. I have been reading threads on the forums for a while now and there is tons of great information here. Just wanted to say hi and thanks! 

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! Newbie here from NJ and have been lurking for a while. Went to Cuba back in August 2019 and found the Cuba forum very helpful in planning my trip and getting around. Looking forward to learning more and being part of the community!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone !

Been a member for about 2-3 weeks but I just found the thread. Originally from Indonesia but living in NYC. I work at a cocktail bar and love outdoor activities. 

So glad I found this forum with amazing members, looking forward to learn and get to know you more. Salud !!

Ryan. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great introduction! The saying "you don't know what you don't know," couldn't be truer in my case. Adding my name to the list of newbies to this world, so hello from Idaho! Looking forward to learning.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...