Revised Warranty Seal. 2011 or 2012? changes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the CCW eagle eye readers has spotted a change to the current warranty seal.

I can honestly say that I'm the "CCW eagle eye" that spotted the micro-print. spotlight.gif

/Janne

If your box had the barcode removed can you use the barcode numbers found on the seal for verification on the Habanos site? I tried but its asking me to choose a barcode style and I don't have a clue (it was removed).

Why would they want to hide or remove the bar code? All that the bar code says that it's a legit box. It doesn't leave a trail to any distributor or anybody. Am I missing something here?

If your box had the barcode removed can you use the barcode numbers found on the seal for verification on the Habanos site? I tried but its asking me to choose a barcode style and I don't have a clue (it was removed).

try checking the "enter manual" option and the 12-digit option.

try checking the "enter manual" option and the 12-digit option.

I did that. That's when your prompted to indicate witch numerical style barcode is on your box and that was removed. All I have is the micro numbers on the seal.

Hi Ross....regarding the small type size....maybe they thought no one would notice? I think its purely to dissuade grey marketeers. Now, almost the whole seal will need to be defaced.

Cheers Trevor.

That would not work if each number hidden within the design was different. That is why digital printing, where the design is the same but each label changes the number within the design, no matter how complex, would be the way to go.

I'm not sure how it actually works, but I imagine that, let's say all Montecristo No.4, might use the same code, and not sequential or random codes. So they could do offset runs for each various cigar. Again, I don't know - others keep an eye on this more than I.

Why would they want to hide or remove the bar code? All that the bar code says that it's a legit box. It doesn't leave a trail to any distributor or anybody. Am I missing something here?

Gray marketeers typically acquire their cigars from distributors outside of assigned regions, which is, for lack of better term, against company policy. The bar code would allow the cigars to be tracked back to the original distributor, who could then find themselves in hot water.

I did that. That's when your prompted to indicate witch numerical style barcode is on your box and that was removed. All I have is the micro numbers on the seal.

If you have a serial number starting with a no of zeros and a total of 12 digits, try selecting option 4)

My understanding is completely opposite to yours. The barcode is removed to protect the distributor. I don't have inside knowledge as to how the removal would protect them but that is what I understand. Please enlighten me if I am wrong. Without getting into specifics the cc were purchased from an online retailer in Switzerland.

My understanding is completely opposite to yours. The barcode is removed to protect the distributor. I don't have inside knowledge as to how the removal would protect them but that is what I understand. Please enlighten me if I am wrong. Without getting into specifics the cc were purchased from an online retailer in Switzerland.

Have a read of this post: http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113702

Trev! What about cuban domestic seals? Are they available?

transit-seal.jpg

Hi Dmitrii, To the best of my knowledge these are an internal transit / security seal applied to all boxes (not just in Cuba) intended to be covered by the warranty seal before leaving the factories. In some cases seen, this seal was incorrectly applied and is fully visible, and in some cases, just the edge of the seal is left exposed. Attached is a photo from a box of Monte GR that I have. It is a Australia purchase (Rob) and the seal can be seen. I have also peeled back several warranty seals and found this "transit" seal under. post-1158-0-12977200-1365544493_thumb.jp Alex has undated the Packaging section to include this "transit" seal. http://www.cubanciga...aging.htm#Seals

I can honestly say that I'm the "CCW eagle eye" that spotted the micro-print. spotlight.gif

/Janne

Great catch, Janne.

If you have a serial number starting with a no of zeros and a total of 12 digits, try selecting option 4)

If you select enter via scanner you can just type in the numbers without being asked the barcode style.

I'm trying to narrow down exactly when this was introduced... at the moment I have seen two boxes of NOV 11 with no micro-printing, and boxes ABR12, MAY12, and JUN12 all with it.

Could someone with December 11 or Jan, Feb, March 12 please let me know if your boxes have the revised seal? I imagine there was some overlap.

Can confirm RUE MAR 12 as having the new seal.

I don't know about you but if I receive a box without ANY seal I will never buy from that source again.

Even if I trust the vendor how can I tell now he is not using of unwillingness and mixing real with fake boxes? I know there are many more ways to identify a fake box but I will not let them have an easy work.

Unfortunately I don't know the vendors in person so there is no way I can really, really, really trust them.

Fortunately there will always be vendors like FOH and LCdH's .

Give that man a cigar. No seriously2thumbs.gifcigar.gif

Thanks for all the kudos, guys! thumbsup.gif

I was actually trying to read the "old" micro text with a loupe when I spotted the serial number on the seal. Oh, and the old micro text is so blurry now that it is virtually impossible to read. The serial number also makes more sense than the old micro text.

Thanks one again

Thanks for all the kudos, guys! thumbsup.gif

I was actually trying to read the "old" micro text with a loupe when I spotted the serial number on the seal. Oh, and the old micro text is so blurry now that it is virtually impossible to read. The serial number also makes more sense than the old micro text.

Thanks one again

I would like to point out that it is CCW viewers such as Janne who are a great source of information to develop our website.

We get absolutely no support from Habanos SA and absolutely no official (or unofficial) insider information. I have never received an answer to any question put to Habanos by email.

Keep up the support guys.spotlight.gif

Trevor & Alex.