Revised Warranty Seal. 2011 or 2012? changes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alll of this is really good but adding these new security features won't really change a thing for those uneducated buyers in Cuba. They'll probably get seduced by a seller who offers them a good deal on cigar and, like so many other, think it's the real deal. Those who really will benefit from these are the afficionados and we kind of already all buy legit cigars.

I would like to point out that it is CCW viewers such as Janne who are a great source of information to develop our website.

We get absolutely no support from Habanos SA and absolutely no official (or unofficial) insider information. I have never received an answer to any question put to Habanos by email.

Keep up the support guys.spotlight.gif

Trevor & Alex.

Your website is truly gold! I refer to it countless times, and I appreciate all the hard work!

I would like to point out that it is CCW viewers such as Janne who are a great source of information to develop our website.

We get absolutely no support from Habanos SA and absolutely no official (or unofficial) insider information. I have never received an answer to any question put to Habanos by email.

Keep up the support guys.spotlight.gif

Trevor & Alex.

Ha, yeah, support from Cuba? That'll be the day. I love the place, but service is not in their vocab I think. Maybe service with a grimace!

Interesting checking this out....In my humi, the last box is RYJ Sep 11 to not have the new seal, all following have it.

This is unbelievable and unique when you think about it… Maybe you should tell them that your readership is composed mainly of Chinese and Indians millionaires, and Russian oligarchs, etc… liar.gifsneaky.gif

This is unbelievable and unique when you think about it… Maybe you should tell them that your readership is composed mainly of Chinese and Indians millionaires, and Russian oligarchs, etc… liar.gifsneaky.gif

idea.gifthumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Where do they put the serial number on the warranty seal, in several places like on the image you posted in the first post of this thread?

I don't understand either....sorry.

I don't see how you could not understand the question it was a fairly basic enquiry.

Lets see if I can break this down a little for you.

You posted an image of a warranty seal with red circles around the serial number (or barcode number) in your first post of this thread.

What I was asking was, do they put the serial number in these same places (as circled in your image) all the time or do they move them around?

What I was asking was, do they put the serial number in these same places (as circled in your image) all the time or do they move them around?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for clearing that up.

To the best of my knowledge they would be in set locations.......at this stage. innocent.gif

It's Cuba....anything could happen. hole.gif

Hi Tom,

Thanks for clearing that up.

To the best of my knowledge they would be in set locations.......at this stage. innocent.gif

It's Cuba....anything could happen. hole.gif

Thanks very much Trevor, much appreciated!

Thanks one and all for the info. After checking my boxes 75% are 2012 and 25% are 2011. The number

on the seals are only on the 2012 boxes, none on the 2011. Keepup the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the great info. The 12 digit code with 'manual' option 4 does the trick. Out of curiosity, I changed the last digit a few different times and they were still registering authentic. So they must be printing the number in sequence.

Does anyone have enough printing knowledge to know how difficult it would be for counterfeiters to replicate this warranty seal, even if they have a legitimate bar code number? The print is seriously small, so it would seem to be a lot of work to do this, but curious to know from anyone with experience in the printing area?