Cohiba tubos

Just curious what you guys think. Are there any tubos in the Cohiba line that are markedly different (preferably better) than the non-tubo format of the cigar? I know there are some that disagree with the notion that tubo versions smoke differently than non-tubos, but at least in my experience, they do (e.g. HDM E1, Punch Punch, Montecristo Edmundo, RyJ SC). Thanks!

Can't speak for current production Tubos, but if you're able to track down any 08 Siglo IV or VI Tubos I wouldn't hesitate to grab em. The Siglo IV Tubos are better than my 09 slb (but not by a huge margin) and the 08 Siglo VI Tubos I've smoked are better than the 07 non tubed, which I wasn't that impressed with (smoked flat IMO).

Maybe someone else can chime in on more recent production

I had a Sig II tubo that was markedly better than any other Sig II non tubo I have had. The other Siglo tubos I had were consistently better than non tubo Siglo. Take it with a grain of 'I have only had about 5 Siglo tubos' grain of salt.

Way back on the old czar's site there was a Siglo Tubo sampler, I should have gotten it before it disappeared. Maybe I just wanted a set of those tubos :)

I feel that tubed Cubans are better.

My reason is not particular scientific nor based on any defined empirical studies. It's just that I like to think the tubes 'seal' in all that Cuban goodness of a freshly rolled stick and allows the stick to stew in all that goodness and the cedar sleeve as it makes its way down the supply chain from Cuba to you. Pop open a tubed Cuban and take whiff of that Cuban air. :lol:

Of course there is reason to believe also that tubed cigars are more susceptible to mold.

I had five Siglo V tubos, best cohibas I have smoked 09's I think...any way was CA number two cigar of the year 09 or 10 not sure... was a tubo though , terrific.

Now if only I can stop you from being a Flames fan....

It's taking all my will power to not to support them right now. I may be looking for a new team soon to support...

Sorry to divert a little bit but I find your remark about mold interesting. Today I unpacked a 3 pack of CoRo (date unknown) and a 5 pack of CoLa (SEP 09) to put them in my ready-to-smoke desktop. 2 of the CoRo and 1 of the Cola had some white spots on them, which were easily wiped off so no big deal really but nevertheless it prompts the question “Is it because of the cardboard packing?”. The 3 pack and the 5 pack have been in my coolidor for about 3 months at 70% rh and 15°C. All other cigars in my coolidor are in their original wooden or dress boxes and none of them show any signs of mold. What’s the deal with cardboard packs and tubos, are cigars indeed more prone to mold if kept in this packing?