I know a lot of you are still enjoying sunshine but I am just back from my favourite week of the year skiing and it just made me wonder if we have many fell enthusiasts here. I find it the most wonderfully and actively relaxing thing you can do. Not good for smoking cigars as it is too dam cold!

If you go where do you go and do you Ski or board?

Yeah bro I go skiing all the time. I ski mainly the hills within 200km from me. I have a season pass at Camp Fortune which is a 20 minute drive from my place. I also go to Mont Ste Marie which is a bit of a bigger hill (for around here) and is only an hour drive. My favourite place to ski is Mont Tremblant which I try to hit three or four times a year. About a month ago I went to Jay Peak in Vermont which was nice. A few friends and I are in the early stages of planning a trip to Whiteface NY next year. I have heard that is the place to go if you are looking for a challenge and they have a vertical drop of over 1,000 meters which is sick for around here.

I'm a big skier. Just returned from 7 straight ski days at Jackson Hole in Wyoming. Got in 4 days at Snowmass earlier this year. On Sundays I ski in a recreational race league at Buck Hill, near Minneapolis. Buck is a small hill, but it has provided the start for more than a few great racers, including Lindsay Vonn. I unfortunately am very slow in the gates. ---Sam

Living halfway between Calgary, and Banff Alberta has us spoiled rotten with some of the best snow conditions and mountains to slide down. My son and I board, and my woman skis.

It is a great winter pastime!

Funny that this should come up. I just got back on a pair of skis for the first time in 30 years. I used to ski often in the Laurentians north of Montreal and in Vermont and NY states. When I was 15 or 16, I took a two week ski vacation in the Rockies...Sunshine Village, Lake Louise and Marmot Basin.

Upon returning home, I skied one more time and that was it. I just coudn't go to the little hills anymore. Anyway, 30 years has passed and they are all fun hills again! I am enjoying it immensly.

I grew up in New England and have been skiing since I was 7 year sold. I'm in a local ski club now and do day trips all over Vermont, NH and Maine. This year I'm doing two fly trips. Already been to telluride Co for a week and will be off to Banff, Lake Louise in another few weeks with the wife for a week. I like warm weather, but I love the cold better. Skiing makes winter fun. While others complain and wish for spring I dream of powder bowls and fresh snow.

I live 35 mins down the road from Whistler Blackcomb and yet have only skied once this season. Close proximity does not necessarily mean lots of skiing. A nine month old daughter will see to that ;-) oh,well, our local golf course just opened up for the season so I'll have to make do with golf ( albeit in cold temps !).

great to see there are a few of us...i am very jealous of those who are near ski areas!!

But you can ski the Alps! Maybe it takes you 12 hours to get there but skiing the Alps is a bit of a dream of mine ... one day I will.

Funny that this should come up. I just got back on a pair of skis for the first time in 30 years. I used to ski often in the Laurentians north of Montreal and in Vermont and NY states. When I was 15 or 16, I took a two week ski vacation in the Rockies...Sunshine Village, Lake Louise and Marmot Basin.

Upon returning home, I skied one more time and that was it. I just coudn't go to the little hills anymore. Anyway, 30 years has passed and they are all fun hills again! I am enjoying it immensly.

I ski a combination of both but 'big hills' around here usually means 600+ meters of vertical drop. Sounds like maybe I ski the same type of hills you used to. I won't spend more then 2 or 3 hours on a small hill (200 meter vertical drop) if I am by myself but skiing with good friends and copious amounts of beer can change that. No issues skiing a full 8 hours on a big hill by myself all day though. It is definitely a major drag going from a big ski hill to a small one but most hills have a few good trails. Great to hear you are getting back into it and enjoying it. The best way to make it through the winter is to get active in it outside! Winter sports rock!

But you can ski the Alps! Maybe it takes you 12 hours to get there but skiing the Alps is a bit of a dream of mine ... one day I will.

yeah make sure you do, simply brilliant!! Done many of the areas and they all have their upsides

I ski a combination of both but 'big hills' around here usually means 600+ meters of vertical drop. Sounds like maybe I ski the same type of hills you used to. I won't spend more then 2 or 3 hours on a small hill (200 meter vertical drop) if I am by myself but skiing with good friends and copious amounts of beer can change that. No issues skiing a full 8 hours on a big hill by myself all day though. It is definitely a major drag going from a big ski hill to a small one but most hills have a few good trails. Great to hear you are getting back into it and enjoying it. The best way to make it through the winter is to get active in it outside! Winter sports rock!

Yeah...I am dreading the rapidly approaching end to the ski season right now! We're going to try and get ot every weekend until the end. Have you skied Le Massif? That looks like a killer spot. 770 meters.

I too am a skiier! After many, many years as a transient and a few winters as an official snowboarding ski-bum I finally moved back to Maine. My friends and I love going backcountry around NH's Mt. Washington and Maine's Mt. Katahdin. It didn't take me long to give up the board and switch over to tele-skiing.

Learning to tele has been a great experience and I love being able to do multi-day backcountry trips with one set of gear. I just picked up a new (to me) pair of Volkl Kendo's and today I am cutting my new set of skins for them. Psych!

I live about 10 minutes from Shawnee Peak ski resort. It's not a very big resort but it is still fun. This has without a doubt been my most rewarding winter of skiing EVER; I put my four year old daughter in lessons and she LOVES IT!!! We ski together all the time and she is ripping it. Last weekend she was skiing from the top, at four years old! I love it.

Yeah...I am dreading the rapidly approaching end to the ski season right now! We're going to try and get ot every weekend until the end. Have you skied Le Massif? That looks like a killer spot. 770 meters.

I had never even heard about it. Checked out their website and also add that hill to my ski app. Looks interesting and a very nice vertical drop. They have a triple black diamond listed on their trail map which is something I have never seen before. Looks like the hill might not be too far away from Mont-Sainte-Anne.

Steamboat, Copper & Mary Jane are our faves!

Copper mountain eh ... that reminds me of a hilarious joke -Kevin Nealon Confronted By Racist Colorado Ski Trails - CONAN on TBS