Latest Purchases - Non Cigar Related

I couldn't find a thread on this forum where people share their latest non cigar purchases?

I think it's safe to say cigars are just one of many passions obsessions each of us have..

Show off, share and discuss your new purchase/s. Whatever it is, booze, trading cards, music, cars, even those old spoons or tea towels people collect..whatever. I'm sure I'm not the only one that enjoys looking at other peoples buys..Helps you get know your fellow brothers and sisters too.

As always be wary of the forum rules with sharing links etc.

I'll kick things off with my latest pick up being these re-released Nike Air Max 1 runners, originally release in 87, have been re-released several times but these hese are very similar to the Originals with only a few variations. Cheaper online but I decided to pay that little extra and get em from the store.

post-13704-0-35005700-1357868679_thumb.j

We bought an Apple TV about 2 weeks ago and we love it ! My wife and I each have an iPhone and iPad, so very convenient to stream music and video to the home theater, as well as being able to stream music on our PC through iTunes.

And yes, for my desktop, I'm PC, will never buy a Mac...

I've got another friend who's addicted to shoes, He and his partner actually, But both nikes and sport shoes and such... I really don't understand it, I find women with heel addictions a bit odd, And my wifes one of them.

But yeah he literally has a couple hundred pairs, If he's going out and wants to feel special he carefully picks a pair of his shoes and posts a picture of the ones he's wearing. I'm not poking fun by any means, I just find it really interesting I guess. Like I'd love to know how the sports shoe thing develops.

Anyway.. Recent purchase eh.. Jeez.. I've been on a saving binge aside from the occasional cigar weakness for awhile so I can't remember the last thing I bought :P Does Dragonborn for Skyrim count? That was about 2 months ago.. Before that I purchased two other video games I've enjoyed a fair bit but haven't played allot, Dishonored and Hitman Absolution.

Bought my wife an old toolkit at christmas for a bike i bought her for her birthday.. Thats both our passions I guess? :P

I've got another friend who's addicted to shoes, He and his partner actually, But both nikes and sport shoes and such... I really don't understand it, I find women with heel addictions a bit odd, And my wifes one of them.

But yeah he literally has a couple hundred pairs, If he's going out and wants to feel special he carefully picks a pair of his shoes and posts a picture of the ones he's wearing. I'm not poking fun by any means, I just find it really interesting I guess. Like I'd love to know how the sports shoe thing develops.

For me, when I was younger I was never allowed the Nike's, Puma's, Reebok Pumps as mum though they were too expensive for me to have while my feet were growing. Maybe it was a fear of me being jumped for em. Kids did that back in my day.

At first it was the fact of being able to purchase something I could never have that the other kids or my brother had, now it's weird and hard to explain..Most people have a work shoe, good shoe and a runner or whatever. I have the same but in multiples, like your friend.

I'm not a male Imalda Marcos extreme collector though liar.gif

We bought an Apple TV about 2 weeks ago and we love it ! My wife and I each have an iPhone and iPad, so very convenient to stream music and video to the home theater, as well as being able to stream music on our PC through iTunes.

And yes, for my desktop, I'm PC, will never buy a Mac...

They are awesome! With the my new mac you can mirror your whole screen to the TV through the Apple TV and the HDMI plus it has NBA and not just NHL and MLB, so you sign into your paid acc and bam your straming to the comforts of your tv..extra bounus if you like the sports.

For me, when I was younger I was never allowed the Nike's, Puma's, Reebok Pumps as mum though they were too expensive for me to have while my feet were growing. Maybe it was a fear of me being jumped for em. Kids did that back in my day.

At first it was the fact of being able to purchase something I could never have that the other kids or my brother had, now it's weird and hard to explain..Most people have a work shoe, good shoe and a runner or whatever. I have the same but in multiples, like your friend.

I'm not a male Imalda Marcos extreme collector though liar.gif

Yeah that makes allot of sense, My wifes the same with some Star Wars designer clothes she's been buying recently.. When she was younger she loved star wars but couldnt afford the toys or anything like that.. So now she's buying dresses and swim suits with Han solo and Darth Vader on them :P

Great thread ,was thinking of this myselfok.gif

My latest purchase is the new Mac BOOk Pro with Retina Display ,wow this thing is awesome,after nearly 18 months without a Laptop couldn't stand it any more ,i Pads are brilliant but there not good for everything plus I can run windows if i need to innocent.gifpost-5203-0-80626400-1357875893_thumb.jp

and a pair of ASICS GEL NIMBUS RUNNERS

post-5203-0-29416500-1357876063_thumb.jp

Cheers OZcigar.gif

Kind of random, but a new sectional sofa that my wife would not stop bugging me about. It got delivered yesterday and im sitting my arse on it now. I must say, it's amazing.

Yeah that makes allot of sense, My wifes the same with some Star Wars designer clothes she's been buying recently.. When she was younger she loved star wars but couldnt afford the toys or anything like that.. So now she's buying dresses and swim suits with Han solo and Darth Vader on them tongue.png

Are those the swimsuit from Black Milk Clothing? They've got some pretty awesome designs.

I just bought 5 tubs of Cyber Clean to clean the dust and grime off my statues... god I'm such a geek/nerd... hole.gif

CAAME9508JSCHQCJ_4097271_320x360.jpeg

Are those the swimsuit from Black Milk Clothing? They've got some pretty awesome designs.

I just bought 5 tubs of Cyber Clean to clean the dust and grime off my statues... god I'm such a geek/nerd... hole.gif

CAAME9508JSCHQCJ_4097271_320x360.jpeg

I think it might be Black Milk, I know a chick that works for em here in Brisbane and she has a R2D2 swimsuit, Jaws and space/milky way leggings and all that. Cool idea.

What kind of statues and what are they made out of? Obviously a sponge and water dont cut it? It sounds geeky but I'm curious all the same.

Sounds like the Black Milk stuff. They are very popular with the Comicon crowd.

I collect comic book statues (mostly Marvel) from Sideshow Collectibles. The statues are about 17" tall (though the Galactus statue on order is 3 feet tall!) and made from polystone (powdered stone mixed with a polyurethane resin). Been collecting for 5 years now and have about 30 statues. Water isn't recommended to clean with, and I've been looking for a solution for a while. When you have some many statues, it can be a real pain to clean them all.

Here's a selection of statues I recently received:

sideshow-gi-joe-baroness-premium-format-figure.jpg?w=500

300056_press01-001.jpg

72041_press01-001.jpg

Sounds like the Black Milk stuff. They are very popular with the Comicon crowd.

I collect comic book statues (mostly Marvel) from Sideshow Collectibles. The statues are about 17" tall (though the Galactus statue on order is 3 feet tall!) and made from polystone (powdered stone mixed with a polyurethane resin). Been collecting for 5 years now and have about 30 statues. Water isn't recommended to clean with, and I've been looking for a solution for a while. When you have some many statues, it can be a real pain to clean them all.

Here's a selection of statues I recently received:

sideshow-gi-joe-baroness-premium-format-figure.jpg?w=500

300056_press01-001.jpg

72041_press01-001.jpg

Ah I see I have a mate who collect HR Giger / horror type one and creates his on on the blank Dunnys (not to be confused with our outback toilets) I can really appreciate the time and effort it takes for some of the one's that are hand painted with extra fine brushes.

Cool Fuzz

I recently bought the Harry Potter books boxset biggrin.png Never read them, so better late than never. The book Edible Selby, which is a kind of coffee table/cookbook hybrid by photographer Todd Selby and three books on the history of tobacco and smoking. As soon as my exams are over, I'm gonna throw myself in some good old-fashioned non-academic readings.

All of my recent non-cigar purchases have been relating to hunting/shooting sports.

I pick this one up a couple of weeks ago - it's a Swedish-made 1942 vintage Husqvarna Model 17 side-by-side shotgun. This is an older 12 gauge, so only 2 1/2" shells are to be used (as opposed to the more modern 2 3/4" or 3" shells). Quality and craftsmanship are typical of any Swedish firearm. I plan on taking this one out for pheasants next season:

m17left-vi.jpg

m17rightlock-vi.jpg

m17chambers-vi.jpg

And I just picked this up a few days ago. It's a big 'ol .45 ACP service pistol. Came with a pretty nice kit (extra mags, optic mounts, backstaps, etc.)

left-vi.jpg

bagopen-vi.jpg

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Having bought my yearly cigar supply (in theory), I've been back onto my collection of books on the Norman and Anglo-Norman era: so two recent books on Anglo-Norman Archbishops of Canterbury, a document source book of the Duchy circa 1100, finally a couple on A-N architecture and carpentry. I'm drooling at the thought of them arriving...

Also, I've completed my collection of the Maigret detective novels, that's all 75 in the bag!

I rarely purchase anything for myself lately, all recent purchases have been all for my son, after a year like 2012 he deserves every bit of it! " Santa went a little overboard this year!"

post-8544-13579193322685.jpg

post-8544-13579193681178.jpg

post-8544-13579193955765.jpg

post-8544-13579194088139.jpg

All of my recent non-cigar purchases have been relating to hunting/shooting sports.

I pick this one up a couple of weeks ago - it's a Swedish-made 1942 vintage Husqvarna Model 17 side-by-side shotgun. This is an older 12 gauge, so only 2 1/2" shells are to be used (as opposed to the more modern 2 3/4" or 3" shells). Quality and craftsmanship are typical of any Swedish firearm. I plan on taking this one out for pheasants next season:

m17left-vi.jpg

m17rightlock-vi.jpg

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Greg, If you like I can hook you up with my son in law who works as the boss at the Husqvarna Factory Museum in Huskvarna. He might be able to find some additional info on your gun. He sure did for my own shotgun made around 1900!