Hi all

Thought I would start this thread were people can post their favourite quotes Knowledge they be Wise, Funny, Relevant ,Inspirational

Here's a few to start off with

"Imagination is more Important than Knowledge"

Albert Einstein

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Dr. Seuss

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”

Albert Camus

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”

Elbert Hubbard

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

Oscar Wilde

"Conan. What is good in life. Crush your enemies! See the driven before you! And hear the lamentation of their women!"

Or in Arnold speak.

"Crash you emenies! See zem driven befoh you. And hear de lamentazion of der wimmin!" laugh.png

I got 99 problems but a B*tch ain't one....smile.png

Sorry, listening to JayZ right now...

I damn near posted that as well!

Or in Arnold speak.

"Crash you emenies! See zem driven befoh you. And hear de lamentazion of der wimmin!" laugh.png

Believe it or not, Arnold's native tongue is even worse so he has to be dubbed / synchronised in German -

I was born in Styria myself, so I know what I am talking about rotfl.gif

Winston Churchill in an exchange with Nancy Astor, Britains first female member of The House of Commons.

"Winston, if I were your wife, I would poison your coffe"

" Nancy, if you were my wife, I would drink it"

"Show me a husband who won't - and I'll show you a neighbor who will!" - Redd Foxx

"Confucious say, 'Crowded elevator smell different to midget'!"

"He who is an ass, and takes himself to be a stag finds his mistake when he comes to leap the ditch" - Japanese proverb

"If men swear to do you harm, spend your nights asleep. If WOMEN swear to do you harm...spend your nights AWAKE!" African proverb

"The graveyards are full of women whose floors were so clean you could eat off them!" - Joan Rivers

and finally:

"Give me an older woman everytime, everytime - give me an older woman everytime -

Cuz they don't yell and they don't tell and oh they're grateful as hell - give me an older woman everytime!" - Benny Hill song

Hunter S. Thompson:

• You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
  • I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  • Buy the ticket, take the ride.
  • There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge. (have you seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?)

One that I think is peritnent to this forum:

"“ This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.” -George Bernard Shaw"

One that I think is peritnent to this forum:

"“ This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.” -George Bernard Shaw"

Very apt my friend