2012 - My personal cigar statistics & list

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've smoked approximately 3 CC's a day since '77/'78...maybe a little less when working on petrochem sites..If I've had a particularly good cigar, that will probably finish my smoking for the day as a follow up stogie will do nothing to enhance this....I never used to bother noting anything I smoked as mostly people were not interested..now if I'm near the right tools I'll take a snap which is automatically dated & I can add a text if necessary on the laptop...

Very easy..no stress, the way it should be with cigars...peace.gif

Very easy..no stress, the way it should be with cigars...peace.gif

That is only the way it "should be" if you're not OCD, or don't like to revisit past notes.

Everyone will have their own approach to the hobby...

If I had a convenient way to catalogue and publish every cigar I've smoked, I would use it. At the moment, no convenient option exists, so it is a lot of manual effort, and many times, in the moment, I forget - so my records are imperfect.

You lead a lifestyle one could only dream of nino!

Well done my friend.

Man i have to get my hand on some of these 520s...

No life style, just my style of life.

Worked hard, no slack, want to enjoy life - guess it's my ethics.

Sehr beeindruckend, Hut ab... 2thumbs.gif

Danke ! Sollte nur eine Auflistung sein, kein Rekord ...

That's very impressive,you must be a Pro Nino.

Wenn ich einmal reich wär di di di...........peace.gif

Bin nicht reich, Hans - habe nur hart gearbeitet, eisern gespart, keinen teuren "Life-Style" Bullgedöns und leiste es mir weil ich der Meinung bin dass das letzte Hemd keine Taschen hat .. :-)

Well done sir. Thats very impressive. I have been hearing more and more good things about the 520. They will be next on my list.

Thanks

Hope you will enjoy as them as I do.

I can only dream of living that kind of life! I just have to convince the wife that we don't need kids or a house biggrin.png

Stop dreaming and start living. Kids or a house have nothing to do with it. My life is quite simple village life. My wife minds but leaves me alone mostly, no problem. Never smoke around kids - never.

Wow.. I mean WOW...I am amazed by the logistics involved in being able to maintain an inventory that would support this level of enjoyment. Modest aging would require an even more impressive list of boxes waiting their turn. Well done smile.png

If you go to the humidor section you'll see that my logistics are quite simple : metal lockers in the cellar. Excel bookkeeping on the PC and the trusted diary I keep since I was 17 and write in it every day.

I try to smoke only 5 years and older but due to the high amount of fresh Havanas I keep I'm smoking more and more fresh / year or 2 old now.

Very cool that you keep such a detailed diary Nino and thanks for sharing! I'm assuming you have tried the La Escepcion Italian RE... what did you think of that one?

Enjoy your time in Thailand with the wife! I know Thailand can be kind of touristy, but I sure loved the trip my wife and I took. The beaches are fabulous! What beach area are you headed to? I stayed on Railay Beach (Krabi area) and took a tour of other islands and loved it... wish I could be going too! LOL

Cheers!

Ryan - I liked the LE Italia very much, excellent and I did not find it as strong as I was told ... hope Gino will bring some to Cologne when we meet later this month after I'm back in Germany.

We are in Pranburi, now that is 4 hrs south of BKK and 30 minutes south of Hua Hin, lovely and quiet.

Krabi - went there in the 80's over from Phuket transiting by boat via the Phi Phi's - lovely place !

Kumbaya

Best regards from Tehran

AK

Phony Ayatollahs don't impress me much.

Been to Tehran many times both under the Shah, evacuating people after the ayatollahs took power and thereafter.

http://flyingcigar.de/flying-cigars/200702-teheran-die-pale-des-shahs/

http://flyingcigar.de/flying-cigars/200604-ein-tag-in-teheran/

http://flyingcigar.de/flying-cigars/200409-steaks-schleier-und-slings/

Cigar prize question : Guess which regime Iranians would chose if allowed to do so ?

So what are your experiences in Tehran ??

Phony Ayatollahs don't impress me much.

Been to Tehran many times both under the Shah, evacuating people after the ayatollahs took power and thereafter.

http://flyingcigar.d...pale-des-shahs/

http://flyingcigar.d...tag-in-teheran/

http://flyingcigar.d...ier-und-slings/

Cigar prize question : Guess which regime Iranians would chose if allowed to do so ?

So what are your experiences in Tehran ??

The Shah?

What impresses me about tio-Nino is that he is (should be) Latin nyah.gif and he comes up with his notes...numbers..statistics nyah.gif

The Shah?

Yes, Tony - makes me feel old surprised.gif but I had very interesting flights and time spent during lay-overs in Tehran in the mid to late 70's when the Shah was in charge. Funnily we stayed at the same hotel we stay now, was the Imperial Hilton in north Theran, then renamed after the ayatollahs took power and we would walk around the corner to the "Deutsches Haus " - a restaurant, and have good beer. Nice visits of the bazaar and trips out to the mountains too. Sometimes even to the Caspian sea (terrible roads) or to Täbriz.

Always very civilized and cultured people and always a nice layover, except for our female colleagues who are required to fully cover themselves in the shador even before leaving the aircraft and the petty hassling by the "keepers of the revolution" strong-arm types, forbidding smoking water pipes, short sleeved shirts for men or other more drastic actions ...

But the general population is the kindest you can imagine and very outspoken against the regime.

Pretty much like Cuba ... with shadors :-)) j/k

What impresses me about tio-Nino is that he is (should be) Latin nyah.gif and he comes up with his notes...numbers..statistics nyah.gif

Socio -

ask Hans why his nick is "Squarehead" , in Italian testa dura : it's my German upbringing and my banking back-ground making me a numbers & statistics "Squarehead" too nyah.gif

It's only in Cuba that I throw away the irons ... jester.gif

Isn't Tabriz where the gorgeous rugs come from?

Yes, Lisa - and Isfahan and many more places in Iran - but, funny enough, my wife and I bought our rugs in Karachi ( except for some we found in Turkmenistan ) as there was not the big hassle of taking them out of the country that you have in Iran since the revolution, permits, paperwork, fear of confiscation etc. Much easier and very good quality at better prices.

Mostly I brought pistachios, pomegranates, caviar, home decorations and the very good safran home from a THR trip - the cigarrettes there are a bargain too - 6 Euros a carton at the Mehrabad apt Duty Free or now at the new AK International.

LOL Nino...sorry man, I wasnt trying to poke fun at your "vintage", I was answering your cigar prize question re regime most amicable to persian population. Based on some interactions with some persians I know most seemed to inidcate the period before the overthrow was best in recent times. This is coming from a limited cross-section though, so it could easily be informed by socio-economic backgrounds for example.

Fantastic Nino! Look forward to updates about your 2013 cigar journey. Any desire to try to surpass this number? Have a wonderful time in Thailand

Safran (we spell it saffron) costs a fortune here... good choice!

Lisa : tell that to my wife, she loves cooking and needs it for Paella and other rice dishes ... :-))

LOL Nino...sorry man, I wasnt trying to poke fun at your "vintage", I was answering your cigar prize question re regime most amicable to persian population. Based on some interactions with some persians I know most seemed to inidcate the period before the overthrow was best in recent times. This is coming from a limited cross-section though, so it could easily be informed by socio-economic backgrounds for example.

LOL Tony - I fell for it, I truly thought it was like you asking : The Shah ?? !! He's been gone for a century ...

Sorry - please pick up your well-deserved cigar next time I send some to YYZ thumbsup.gif

Fantastic Nino! Look forward to updates about your 2013 cigar journey. Any desire to try to surpass this number? Have a wonderful time in Thailand

Thanks - neither surpass nor underpass nor anything, I smoke for pleasure and sharing fun with friends, not for numbers.

I thought it just interesting counting the figures from my diary ( I write down marca, vitola & vintage ) and was just as surprised as you might have been to see them as I alway believe I smoke just 2 day - forgetting my 8 weeks in Cuba and the good summer ...

TBH I want to cut the rate down a bit, to truly just 2 a day.

But, hell, they are tasty, I have a cellarfull, I have time and most days I really only smoke 2 .....teacher.gif