serious NFL playoff query

all the commentators are saying that if the cowgirls beat the skins next week, they'll win the East.

i'm lost.

start by ruling out the giants no matter what they do next week.

if the cowgirls do beat the skins then both sides finish 9-7 (hardly deserving of topping a divison but...).

they will have split games so no advantage there. if you go to the division results, that would then be a four-two record for both sides. so then to the conference. if dallas beat the skins, then skins finish the conference 7-5 and dallas 6-6.

so what am i missing? it seems to me that the skins have already won the NFC East? unless the giants make some ridiculous comeback in the next few minutes.

Common opponents is the third tie breaker before conference games. So I'm guessing the cowboys have a better record against the AFC teams they both played this year.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

It is looking like the reward for winning the NFC East is going to be a frst round game against the Seahawks. Based on recent efforts I would take the Hawks over either of the NFC East teams. The Hawks have to be one of the hardesat hitting defences in recent memory. The hit on Davis last night was simply outstanding!

It is looking like the reward for winning the NFC East is going to be a frst round game against the Seahawks. Based on recent efforts I would take the Hawks over either of the NFC East teams. The Hawks have to be one of the hardesat hitting defences in recent memory. The hit on Davis last night was simply outstanding!

They are tough at home but not so much on the road. As for the hit on Davis it was a boarderline cheap shot as well as the hit on Maningham while already wrapped up a guy comes in late and nails him on the knee. Really starting to dislike the Seahawks and their drug enhanced secondary.

They are tough at home but not so much on the road. As for the hit on Davis it was a boarderline cheap shot as well as the hit on Maningham while already wrapped up a guy comes in late and nails him on the knee. Really starting to dislike the Seahawks and their drug enhanced secondary.

Definitely tougher at home with the 12th man, no doubt there. Got to completely disagree on the hit on Davis! There was absolutely nothing wrong with that hit. Perfectly timed and delivered right on the numbers. One of the finer defensive plays I have seen in a while. My team is the Rams so it pains me to give the Hawks their dues but they have earned it recently.

God I hate that they changed the game time to 8:30 pm EST. tantrum.gif

I hate late games!

Go Skins!

are you kidding!!! love the late game.

instead of getting up at 3.30am to watch the game, i get to settle in and watch it at 11am. will have a good cigar with it but then have to drive to the coast so can't drink.

and guys, perhaps we should worry about the seahawks or whoever after we beat dallas. i'm still very nervous about our defence. i would want to be at least 24 up going into the last quarter against the cowgirls, before i'll feel better (actually, i'd like to be 24 up going into the 2nd quarter as well).

as fabulous as the revival has been, all for crap if we miss the playoffs, especially if we do so by losing to the cowgirls at home. that would make for a very miserable christmas indeed. imagine giving dallas a home final!

HTTR.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/23/the-rgiii-christmas-carol-2/

top runner for the game will be morris.

but just so i correctly understand, you think that the side that ran for less than 40 yards total against us last game, at about 3 yards per carry, is suddenly going to have blokes racking up 100 yards this time?

is there any basis for this? am i missing something?

cowgirls are, i believe, averaging about 75 yards a game rushing. placing them second last in the entire competition. if they are foxing, then best job of foxing ever.

just had a squizz at a few stats. the entire cowgirls outfit have rushed for about 300 yards less than alfred morris alone, for the year. that doesn't even consider rg3's contribution or anyone else. has to be a real weakness for the girls. mind you, if you are right and they turn it around, then they'll go a very long way towards winning the game.

If Murry starts out fast, takes pressure off Romo and the BOY'S receivers can hold on to the ball should make for

a very interesting game. Des. should open the field up quite a bit so Witten and Miles can run the savages (red)

out of the ball park. Ken, am I mistaken is rg3 a rookie cookie or second year man, if boys can get to his skinny arse

give him a few thumps he may show some signs of the jitters and "screw the poach". Sore point for the boys is of course O line.

If and's and but's were candy and nuts then every day would be Chrismas.

you might have jerry but we have synder. kinda wipes each other out.

rg3 is a rookie but from what we have seen this year and re romo in past years, who is more likely to choke when it counts?

both sides have huge injury tolls. our defence has been total crap, though a bit better of late.

it will be a massive atmosphere playing at home.

indeed, good luck to both and i can't wait.

had an old SLR DC last night. it was so good, i wish i kept it for monday (here).

i did know that about the skins/dallas etc, but i also remember a similar assessment from about 20 years ago. i think that one put the skins top but at a price that was almost identical to what they have for them now. in other words, 20 years of synder have, in real terms, greatly reduced the team's value (of course, 20 years of playing crap hasn't helped). given what rg3 is doing and can do for this franchise, there is no salary cap big enough to pay him what he is worth.