General impressions of 2012 cigar vintage

Just curious how the 2012 releases are holding up against the last previous 4 or so years. All my recent purchases have been 2012 but I am waiting at least a year to dive in and smoke them. My exception was a Cohiba Siglo 2 which was definately not ready yet for proper consumption.

Any general impressions with the 2012 Vintage releases would be helpful, especially any standout picks!

Thanks,

Rob

IMHO, 2012 is very good. My samples don't make me believe it will top 08, but is not far behind. 08' just seemed to have more kahunas overall that I have not found in 12. I like me some kahunas.

My only observation from boxes I have seen so far are that the various marques seems to look as you'd expect, that might sound odd but take the band away and for a few years I've felt too many of the marques are not different enough...I own quite a few 2012's so am encouraged by the above

2010, 2011, and 2012 stuff is just awesome, IMO. 2008 looks better right now, but late 2011 and early 2012 stuff looks like it may win out long-term. RA stuff appears stellar.

Absolutely agree with the awesomeness of 2010, 2011 and 2012.

the only 2012 sticks I've had were from a box of Trini Reyes that I got and thy are stellar I can't keep my hands off of them. Being new to the cigar game most of my stuff is from the second half of 2011 and most if not all have been stellar. I haven't come across a bad box yet

the only 2012 sticks I've had were from a box of Trini Reyes that I got and thy are stellar I can't keep my hands off of them. Being new to the cigar game most of my stuff is from the second half of 2011 and most if not all have been stellar. I haven't come across a bad box yet

In the same boat as you... and I concur that I have not had a bad box yet. I've tried a few singles from fellow BOTL dating back to 97. Some were very good... others were not so good. No way to compare, but very much enjoying the 2010-2012 cigars I've been smoking.