Any other Canadian / GTA members looking to get some OUST fans?

You guys scenting your cigars with Puss'n Boots scents or what??? -LOL

Keith could you give me an idea how you guys are using these things? I am just kinda' curious. Any analysis of the total cost to make it work in a humidor would also be appreciated.

Are these battery powered? -R

Hey Ray,

Like Shlomo said, "D" cell powered. The packaging of the Oust fans, and my personal experience with these, say the battery will last about 6 months or so (depending on the quality of the battery, about 4 months min.). They have a simple on-off switch on the rear, and a timing circuit board to them. They run for 5 minutes at a time every 15 minutes or so.

I run one in my cabinet (Cigar Oasis on the bottom, and then an Oust fan on top of the boxes on the shelf 3/4 of the way up), and then one in each of my 100-quart coolerdors. The common thinking and experiences with these is that the extra airflow assists with humidity levelling throughout the storage container, and prevents any cool-spots or humidity-wells so to speak.

It's similar thinking to the additional fan units that you can attach to Cigar Oasis, Hydra, Avallo, etc. units/systems.

The Oust fans are really quiet, move a ton of air, have a nice and effective yet simple timing circuit, and are relatively inexpensive and easy to use.

The only thing people have to watch out with Oust fans is any residual smell from the included air freshener oil that's included in the same airtight packaging. If there was any leakage of the scented oil, it'll make your Oust fan's plastic material smell extremely strongly of the scent. This isn't an issue 99% of the time. I've had one like that though, and just put it in a container with baking soda for a week, and then left it sitting out in the sun for a week - all aromas were baked off, no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Back from Havana now, and the shipment box with these are in. Wife received it at the start of the week (a few extra ducats for taxes, but no big whoop).

Now, I haven't even had the chance to open the full box yet, but I'll likely be doing that later on today, after the wife and kids and I are done our Christmas decorating.

Question - I was planning/hoping on cutting open each individual package, to ensure all are working okay prior to delivery (especially before shipping up to Montreal); so, does anyone have an issue with this?

If you absolutely don't want me to cut open your fan's package, that's fine with me. But I'd just prefer to cut each open, ensure that they work, that the fan doesn't have noise/operation issues, prior to me delivering to them all. I want to verify it first, so I can deal with the retailer if needed, rather than have a whole back and forth thing.

Please let me know, gents.

Also, if you haven't yet paid, please do so promptly. Thanks.

K. It's been a crazy couple of days around here - sick me, sick kids and wife, deer hunting week (amazed I can still shoot as bang on even when I'm sick!), etc.

I'll be digging into these tomorrow, opening and inspecting everything. Then, I'll sort out who's paid or not, etc., and hope to get that all finalized over the weekend. And then for Monday, I'll look at getting the two packages sorted out and packaged and shipped, one to the Toronto crew and one to Montreal - any volunteers for getting these handed/divied out at that point? Or, if not, I can at least make the trek up to T.O., and maybe meet you guys at the Mambo.

It's a great idea. If you're not keen on the cuban tap water, use a bottle, but there is no greater cure for the overuse of certain aspects of an all inclusive than some sweet life giving gatorade. Original yellow for me thanks.

Hi Keith just got back to the boards and I just saw the whole thread if it's not to late I still need one fan...if it's too late too bad for should have gotten back sooner

and you can open mine...if I have oneinnocent.gif

Yup, I had you down for the two that you spoke up for. Just verifying this all now.

All right.

All fans are now in hand, accounted for, checked and good to go. Some make no noise at all (super silent), with some making a very faint fan-blade noise (nothing bad, much better than the ones I already have). It doesn't really matter, as I'm presuming all are putting these in cooler-dors or other similar cabinet storage - in that closed environment, you couldn't hear a thing (I can only hear it within a foot). Very nice overall.

So, I'm just waiting on receiving a payment from three people. PM's have been sent to those needing to complete this. I can either be PayPal'ed, or send me an Interac e-mail transfer, to my personal e-mail.

Please get this done ASAP, as I want to get this sorted out within the next 48 hours max, as to delivery/shipping/etc.

Thanks. Cheers.

K. One more paid, two to go.

I've had some questions regarding delivery of these. I'm not 100% - I'd like anyone else's opinion....

I was gonna see what the general consensus was. If anyone's open to meeting at Mambo or whatnot for Friday night, and/or Art's garage, I'm open to that, to just bring them up then. If not, I may just ship them out via Canada Post on Tuesday.

But I was looking at coming up to T.O. for this and some other stuff, just me and Erin, especially so that we can have dinner at the Mambo. But we wouldn't be leaving Chatham until 3:30pm, so we'd only be getting to the Mambo for between 7 and 8 pm, traffic depending. We were looking at doing it this way, 'cause she wants to do some shopping up there on Saturday, and I have to do some stuff at Borden/Barrie-area on Saturday also.

But not sure if that late on Friday evening works for everyone.

If not, I'd just mail these up on Tuesday (maybe to Art or Frank), but then everyone would have to co-ordinate from there.

Just waiting for one of the crowd to pay now....

Then, I'll be shipping these out tonight or tomorrow morning. The Toronto group's will be going to Frank, and the Montreal group's will be going to Simon. Once they arrive, you guys can co-ordinate with these "regional reps" (Frank's just getting more and more additional unpaid roles!!!! :D ) to meet up and get your fans.

Toronto:

Garfield / "lonsdaleto" x 1

Tom / "tmac77" x 2

Gary / "LLC" x 2

Frank / "bundwallah" x 2

Adam / "Tate" x 1

Montreal:

Simon / "Strada" x 1

Shlomo / "Shlomo" x 2

Erik / "kiwiman911" x 2

For those wondering, these were shipped out via Xpresspost on Tuesday. One box to Simon for the Montreal crowd, and the other to Frank for the rest of the Toronto crowd. They should have them in their hands now or Monday-ish.

They can co-ordinate with you guys and go from there.

Is there any chance we could get more Keith?

No dice, at least not right now. I bought out everything that this particular retailer had left. They said it's few and far between when they get batches/lots of these in.

I did request however to be put on their inventory e-mail system, so that when they get more in, I'll get an e-mail notifying me of such. If and/or when that happens, I'll let the forum know. Who knows, maybe others want to do similar group orders.

But that's it for us right now.