It's all about the cut.....  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not listed but Sirloin is my favourite.Good flavour reasonable price and tender.I would go for thick cut.That would be an inch deep or more in the UK.

It might have been T bone but as i have not had one for over twenty years i passed.peace.gif .

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ribeye - best cut for maximum beef:fat ratio, best cut for deep marbling, best cut for larger steaks, but still tender, most flavorful cut, most "beef-like" flavor, best cut for bone in or bone out o

If they voted for anything other than a bone in ribeye, they are either a child, a hippy, a female on a diet or quiet possibly , all 3.

Ribeye... the flavor is in the fat!

Not listed but Sirloin is my favourite.Good flavour reasonable price and tender.I would go for thick cut.That would be an inch deep or more in the UK.

It might have been T bone but as i have not had one for over twenty years i passed.peace.gif .

NY Strip and Sirloin both come from the loin.

• 2 weeks later...

I always loved eating the brains when I was young (quiet Keith!) Haven't had em for at least around a decade now

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

I was raised on hog brains and scrambled eggs!!!!!!

• Like 1

almost near impossible to find that stuff here, now... sad.png

you live in the attic....(Canada) lol

Filet mignon, as rare as possible without it still being alive. Unbelievable taste, and when combined with a nice CC it creates an unmatched sensory experience. If I had one day to live that's all I'd eat.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Ribeye - best cut for maximum beef:fat ratio, best cut for deep marbling, best cut for larger steaks, but still tender, most flavorful cut, most "beef-like" flavor, best cut for bone in or bone out option, best value for buying uncut in bulk, cut most widely favored by steak experts as the King of Cuts. Best cut for juiciest meat.

Couldn't have said it better myself..............no really, I couldn't.

Damon

For me its a 2 inch thick cut bone in rib eye. As someone who eats my steak Pittsburgh Rare, I find it to be the best as far as marbleization of fat and the best intense flavor. I would also prefer it be grass fed and dry aged. Dry aged to intensify the flavors and grass fed for that great grass flavor that corn cannot supply.

I would say Porterhouse. I love the loin cut in it and usually the only places around here that offer it offer it properly dry aged, cooked and seasoned correctly. I love it medium rare and how it just folds over the knife when you cut it. Toss some portobello mushrooms in wine sauce on the side with pecan pie and port wine for desert and it just doesn't get any better. Sure Ribeye's are good but common and I don't care for common. I prefer prime rib for ribeye. I also love T-bones but many places don't isolate the tenderloin side to keep it from overcooking in comparison to the NY Strip side.

But my ultimate favorite cut is the cheeks. Impossible to get in almost every restaurant. The best meat in almost any animal is the cheeks. Lean, dense and rich meat that is super tender when braised. You pretty much have to go to the butcher that does their own slaughter and preorder them around here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My GMIL loves steak, but he husband passed away years ago. Whenever she visits, she always brings huge 2" ribeyes from her butcher for me to grill for her and the rest of the family. She really knows how to make me look forward to her visits.