Where to buy Tea online?

My girlfriend buys tea from Hong Kong, some excellent jasmine pearl tea is my favourite.

I love early grey tea. And the place she buys from only does herbal or green tea.

Do any FOH'ers have a recommendation for an online store to buy tea (in particular earl grey) ??

Thanks in advance.

Dicko

Ps- smoking a Punch Super Robusto RE 08 courtesy of Steve (ozcuban). A great big, medium bodied smoke. Lots of medium coffee, cinnamon and roasted peanut flavours!

Mate, I love tea and without question the best place i have found in Aus is Lupicia. The store in Melbourne is great but they also sell online.

http://www.lupicia.com.au/

I've been getting into the 'plantation specified' black teas, in particular the Diksam TGFBOP (which is an Assam, broken for extra strength) and the 'second flush' Darjeeling.

I know it's not for earl grey but the little Japanese tea shop in Subi does has some of the freshest and best Japanese tea I've found in Perth. He is on Hay st down by Nandos.

Upton tea is quality tea at good prices if you need to shop online. Had quite a few of their blends. The Pu Erh is really good if you like earthy tea. Also they have a great sample setup. Buy a ton of samples and see what you like and you are not out much if you don't like it. Very little risk.

Try Mariage Freres, based in Paris. I don't have the website handt on my phone. One of the best tea houses in the world. Shipping is reasonable if you're in the EU; rather expensive to the States, but they have a huge tea selection and superlative quality. I buy my tea from them and Kusmi, unless I'm buying Japanese green tea.

Try Mariage Freres, based in Paris. I don't have the website handt on my phone. One of the best tea houses in the world. Shipping is reasonable if you're in the EU; rather expensive to the States, but they have a huge tea selection and superlative quality. I buy my tea from them and Kusmi, unless I'm buying Japanese green tea.

Mariage Freres is great tea, but VERY expensive in Aus. Definitely worth buying online.

http://www.uptontea.com

I haven't order from them yet, but they receive positive reviews for quality and price.

Thanks for recommendation

Dicko, do you drink your tea from Royal Doulton with hand painted periwinkles?

With pinky finger pointed up of course ;)

Mariage Freres is great tea, but VERY expensive in Aus. Definitely worth buying online.

Thanks for the link above. You're right. We have a great tea shop in Perth (T2) but the price is extortionate.

Thanks for recommendation

With pinky finger pointed up of course ;)

Thanks for the link above. You're right. We have a great tea shop in Perth (T2) but the price is extortionate.

If you are serious about tea, try Lupicia. They are to tea what FOH/Czar is to cigars.

You will find the quality of their tea INFINITELY superior to that of T2!

Mate, I love tea and without question the best place i have found in Aus is Lupicia. The store in Melbourne is great but they also sell online.

http://www.lupicia.com.au/

I've been getting into the 'plantation specified' black teas, in particular the Diksam TGFBOP (which is an Assam, broken for extra strength) and the 'second flush' Darjeeling.

speaking of Plantation Specified in India...

Darjeeling's Second and Third Flushes from The Gopaldhara Tea Estate were excellent. First Flush was a bit grassy. Their Silver Needles were a treat as well. I got it directly from the Estate.

I'm also getting into Mogicha since we eat quite a bit of Japanese food and my Hanai (adopted) aunty, a little Japenese lady (my tango partner) insists on ending the meal with a blend of green and Mogicha (toasted barley). Feels great after a meal.

For teas out of Darjeeling specifically, shipped directly from India, try www.thunderbolttea.com

Now, if you're into Coffee, that's my specialty :) Developing a blend from the Estate Reserve stock (best beans + peaberry) right now with a farm which won the Gevalia cupping contest in Kona, Hawaii.

Then handing those beans to our favorite roasters on the Islands for various degrees of roasting till we determine where to stop for optimum flavor.

Exciting!

Hi Mate

Have you tried T2 don't know if they have a online division :confused:

But that's where we buy our Tea

Here's the link for Mariage Freres:

Mariage Freres

I don't know what the OP considers expensive. It's under 20 euro, shipped, for 100g. Is that expensive? Sure, it's not the cheap Darjeeling or Assam tea that I can buy at the local Indian supermarket for $8/lb., but it's not unbelievably expensive. There are plenty of good Japanese green tea that is $100/100g or far, far more. To me, that's a "you're smoking crack" kind of price for tea.

BTW, it's mugi-cha for the Japanese barley tea.

www.strandtea.com

Amazing teas, great prices. Ive been buying teas from Jack Strand for many years, and he's a great guy. The most impressive thing for me about this outfit is their direct purchases from small farmers in both China and India. Prices are way better than Upton et al.

• 8 months later...

I agree both are great tea options, pricey but awesome quality and selection.

Try Mariage Freres, based in Paris.

I don't like Mariage Frère's blends. Every time I try one I find it too sweet. I buy my tea from here:

http://www.palaisdesthes.com/en/

they're based in France but they have a shop in New York City. Great service, they give free samples with every order.

They have a very good, strong lapsang souchong from Taiwan, called "thé du Tigre" http://www.palaisdesthes.com/en/the-du-tigre-262.html

it's one of my favorite drink with bold cigars.