Obvious floral flavours...

Hi guys and gals,

Did I troll through old posts and can't find anything that answers this... I love all sorts of cigars for different reasons, but a few flavours really amaze me.

A few weeks ago I had an older (06ish) Boli GM which was full of floral tastes. I didn't think much of it at the time- I just appreciated that it was an AWESOME smoke.

However a few weeks later I had an EDRM Choix from, I think, '08... same kind of thing- amazing floral notes.

I guess my question is this: are there any marcas (or vitolas therin) that are renowned for certain tastes? Bonus points if you could point out a few that smack of these floral notes and flavours.

BTW I realise that everyone picks up on different tastes, and perhaps this question is impossible to properly answer, but thought it was worth putting out there.

PS) Both the Boli-GM and the EDRM came from the same person, but no they did not store it with their 'pot pourri' or other flowers ;)

CHEERS!!!!

Ryan

Original release Maduro 5 Magicos. I can't speak for rest of the line, but when I smoke these I couldn't tell the difference if I chomped down on a bouquet of flowers. It's almost perfume like. Really something out of this world, speaking for myself.

Good Diplo 2's can present flavored of lavender, violet and jasmine cream.

I've had it from ERDM Choixs, HDM Epi 2's, Boli GM's, and several others, but none as awesome as some good Dip 2's.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Good info on the Cohiba's- sounds up my alley if I can score some! Siglo's should be easy enough to test!

I bought some LGC-#3's from 2002 the other day, hopefully they'll offer me something, despite being a different type... LOL @ the 'Metal Doors' ;)

Dip's sound flower crazy! I'll do some research here... Dip2's sound worth a shot- I've been meaning to buy a box of these for a while... they've always appealed to me, I think I'll have to take the plunge as they sound delicious. Cheers!!

Appreciate the input, everyone :)

Edited by ryanbesso

I agree with LGC Medaille D'Or No. 1 (if that's what LeafLover meant), but for me the citrus aspect is more apparent. But good luck finding these!

The first (and only) QdO Superiores I tried had a very distinguished floral taste. I can't say for sure if that's the case for all of them though, I'm waiting for my first box to arrive! :2thumbs:

Awesome, a few more to add to the list. Thanks all- I'll be smoking a bouquet of Cubans! I will most probably buy a sampler of at least one of everything people have recommended, so cheers for ALL the input! :cigar:

Seems the most floral of the bunch would be EDRM Choix, Boli GM, Fonseca 1, LGC's, QDO's and Dip's... with some people finding flavours in other sticks.

AWESOME LIST- this helps me a bunch (no pun intended) ;)

:2thumbs: Thanks all! :2thumbs:

Quai d'Orsay, ERDM, Diplomaticos, yes. RA, sometimes, yes. I'll add the milder RyJ (corona, pc) to the list.

But I've never tasted anything floral in a Boli Gold Medal, a LGC, or a Cohiba…

I believe some people make a confusion between "vegetal" (grass, humus, hay, undergrowth, etc.) and "floral".

Just sprinkle potpourri in your humidor. Sorry, had to say it. LOL

LGC, ERDM, certain QDO. I find smaller ring gauge cigars to have a floral component... higher ratio of wrapper without any ligero. Floral cigars are usually full flavor for me, but not full bodied.

Awesome :)

I've got a QDO single from El Prez, some aged LGCs and a ton of EDRM's... I'm well on my way to flower country ;)

I think it's time to test a QDO- I've never had one before! I think I'm excited...

A floral taste isn't usually my thing

I've noticed it most in ERDM and R&J, which I don't really care for.

I've also noticed a different type of floral taste in SLR, and it just works beautifully. To me the blend of flavors in SLR is just so much more balanced and creamy.