Greetings and Salutations from Wisconsin

deaconred

Hey folks, greetings from Northern Wisconsin. If you see pictures of our state in the Winter you might mistake us for Norway but eh, whats the difference if its 30 below (F) here or in Norway, cold is cold. I work in the Public Sector, but I'll just keep the details to a minimum on that. I come from far South Texas and got in to cigars long ago when a kid could buy a machine made cigar from the local store for about a quater. I am pretty loyal to the brands I smoke but I try different brands so I can broaden my horizons. I have never had a Cuban Cigar but in the recent months I and my extended family have been trying other brands like crazy and we have reached this fork in the road. I found this community through some research online and hope to learn a lot. I probably wont post a whole lot because I like to watch and learn, besides my best forum posting days are behind me now. I look forward to contributing what I can to the conversations and learning from from the rest.

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite, what place in Northern Wisconsin? I myself am from Ashland, though no longer reside there.

Welcome to you. I hope you find the forum enjoyable and educational as well. It's a great place to be.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm not too far from Ashland about 40 minutes away, came here from Kingsville Texas.

Welcome...also from Texas.........(QUESTION) What in the world would ever make you leave Texas???? This answer better be really good, like I inherited a multi million dollar dairy farm good!

I got married. I usually tell people I came up here for the deer hunting, which is good, but is no substitute for Whataburger and Diet Big Red. We will move back to Texas when I retire, I have some property I am thinking about purchasing on the Gulf down by Kingsville, south of Corpus.

• 3 months later...

Hello Current Cheesehead!

I am in a mixed marriage. I'm from Minnesota and my wife is from Wisconsin, so football times are pretty tough around here. She's from Park Falls, in north middle Wisconsin.

Welcome to the cigar wonderland of the world.

Thanks,

Curtiss