Transit of Venus - Who else is excited?

Less than half an hour to go.... and an absolutley crystal clear winters day here! And we'll be able to see the whole event from start to finish!!

Well Smithers if it were not for you... I would still be able to see!!!! -LOL

Actually, I just tested my gear and I am going to be able to catch at lease some of it.

My equipment... a 24x bench-rest rifle scope and a 14 shade filter from my TIG helmet. Works great! Can't wait.

-Piggy

Less than half an hour to go.... and an absolutley crystal clear winters day here! And we'll be able to see the whole event from start to finish!!

Good for you, hope you catch it well.

The timings don't work well here in northern England, the main time period is through the night.

If I get up at 430, I may catch the last bit. Provided the sun has risen, and it stops pissing down...unlikely.

happy viewing to those who can :)

Well, it is a cloudy day today, with only a few glimpses of the sun. So we're going to miss seeing Venus cross past the Sun. :no:

However, I did see a super cute girl walk in front of my car at the traffic lights :love: ... not the Transit of Venus I was expecting, but beggars can't be choosy... :lookaround:

Well, it is a cloudy day today, with only a few glimpses of the sun. So we're going to miss seeing Venus cross past the Sun. :no:

However, I did see a super cute girl walk in front of my car at the traffic lights :love: ... not the Transit of Venus I was expecting, but beggars can't be choosy... :lookaround:

Cloudy here too. Nothing to see here except the cuties at the grocery store!

Sorry you guys missed out. My wife thinks I'm loony out there looking at the sun but I still think there is something fascinating about it. I must look kinda' stupid with my whole, welding filter rig, but it worked really well for me.

Thanks Smithy... I never would have known about it if you did not post something... I got some real good glimpses over the course of the day. It was a beautiful day for it on Isla Pigfish. I smoked a great Le Hoyo to boot!

-Piggy

Wish I couldv'e viewed it live as it was a gorgeous day here in the midwest, I didn't have the equipment to truly view it and didn't want my corretive eye surgery going down the drain as I went blind from trying to watch it. :D

website please.

Spectacular day here not a cloud in the sky. :perfect10:

Was a nice day here as well! But didn't have the equiptment to watch it properly on my own, have to rely on NASA to see for me. :thumbsup:

Beautiful.