El Presidente's Cuban BBQ

State of Origin last night, there has been enough mentioned on the forum this morning about that, mainly from NSW supporters crying again.

Anyway we had a crowd of cigar lovers over last night on the deck to watch the game, have a few drinks, laugh at NSW's offense and have a BBQ. Everything was going fine till a large fire broke out on the BBQ while Ayala was cooking. Sorry about a quality of the pictures but I didn't have time to grab the good camera just a snap on my iPhone before someone saved the day and put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.

As Rob says a Cuban BBQ is poor food cooked badly, which was made even worse on the night as one of Australia's top chefs was there who decided against eating the pork chops that were over grilled and had a hint of fire extinguisher to them when they were eventually served.

Always entertaining Rob :fuel:

post-1550-0-19224500-1337820828.jpg

post-1550-0-88716300-1337820839.jpg

Great night....from what I can remember lookaround.gif

It should be pointed out Smithy that the first BBQ pre- game went without a hitch. Unfortunately the Half Time BBQ coincided with a few drinks under my belt. If you cook 100 pork spare ribs .....a grease fire is apparently a certainty spotlight.gif

seriously, the amount of scotch rob has put in his system in the last day or so at my place, i'm amazed he didn't burst into flames.

I drank to forget that you were in your underwear ....and refused to put pants on.

At least in this shot....your legs were crossed rolleyes.gif

post-4-0-69131600-1337832452.jpg

Spare ribs should be cooked low and slow for 5-6 hours... As said previously, you need a Kamado type BBQ, like a Big Steel Keg. :D

Magnus is right, get yourself a kamado. Here's one for sale on eBay, pick is in your area: BGE for sale

Though, to be completely honest, for you sake... and the safety of theveryone else around you, please stay away from the BBQ. :hot:

I drank to forget that you were in your underwear ....and refused to put pants on.

yeah, that is the reason????

i had just got off the exercise bike and was sweating. you sulk if i leave you for two minuites so i couldn't even have a shower.