Great Melbourne Get Together!

A big thank you to Mathew Tan for arranging the Saturday Night Melbourne get together at the Ra lounge.

There was a great turnout of FOH members and new friends as we talked and laughed our way through great drinks and cigars including a cab of 03 Des Dieux I took down.

Plenty of highlights and Mathew will no doubt will post some photo's during the next few days. As always, fantastic to share cigars with friends! It is what cigars are all about.

Can I also say that "Di" was in fine "entertaining" form .....progressively "entertaining" as the night wore on :lookaround::D

I will have the details of the Sydney FOH event this week (May) and I will also work with our WA *****A members on a June/July event. I look forward to travelling Oz over the coming months to meet all members.

Di may not be coming :D

It was a great night. Looking forward to many more.

Thank you Rob for that wonderful cab of Des Dieux (I've got a fiver or so left after sharing them out at the end of the night, that I'll hopefully get stuck into soon).

Apologies to anyone I didn't get to catch up with.

Courtesy of Susan, here are some pics (If anyone else snapped any please post them up :thumbsup:):

img2245cr.jpg

img2258v.jpg

img2246p.jpg

img2248x.jpg

img2249s.jpg

img2247h.jpg

img2255n.jpg

img2250rv.jpg

img2254hw.jpg

Excuse me I was the life of the party, from what I can remember. :party: Is it my fault that there was always a glass of wine that appeared as soon as one was finished. I have to come to Sydney as I have a nice pair of shoes to wear for the occcasion.

I just want to say to the guys that where they thanks for a great night. Sorry to ones I didn't come and talk to, I really didn't wait to move as it was safer standing in one place :rotfl:

Looking forward to the next get together in Sydney and yes i am going :party:

A big thank you to Mathew Tan for arranging the Saturday Night Melbourne get together at the Ra lounge.

There was a great turnout of FOH members and new friends as we talked and laughed our way through great drinks and cigars including a cab of 03 Des Dieux I took down.

Plenty of highlights and Mathew will no doubt will post some photo's during the next few days. As always, fantastic to share cigars with friends! It is what cigars are all about.

Can I also say that "Di" was in fine "entertaining" form .....progressively "entertaining" as the night wore on :lookaround::D

I will have the details of the Sydney FOH event this week (May) and I will also work with our WA *****A members on a June/July event. I look forward to travelling Oz over the coming months to meet all members.

Di may not be coming :D

Looks like you know how to have a good time in Melbourne! What a fantastic looking venue... and the Des Dieux look delicious.

I will have the details of the Sydney FOH event this week (May)

Looking forward to meeting you guys; I've hears stories of how a "Rob Visit" can become an epic adventure :D

Well done Melbourne C.U.N.T.A's!!

Hi all

Looks like a great time was had by all ,love that venue perfect for a cigar smoker.

The Cigars look absolutely delicious

Cheers OZ :cigar::ph34r:

It was a terrific evening and thanks for organising it Matt. After seeing the Magpies play like girls against the Blues the night before, I didn't think my weekend was going to be one to remember. But a very nice cigar, and great bottle of red, along with some good chat with new mates, made it an enjoyable night.

Next time I'm in Melbourne on a weekend, I'll be sure to get in touch for a catch up and stogie.

Dave.

I have to come to Sydney as I have a nice pair of shoes to wear for the occcasion.

I just want to say to the guys that where they thanks for a great night. Sorry to ones I didn't come and talk to, I really didn't wait to move as it was safer standing in one place :rotfl:

Dear Di,

I think you need to speak with Lisa on what usually happens in Sydney with Rob. Especially if it is just Rob and you.

The first time I meet up with Rob and Lisa, I was just a wee lad and it was a fun night out. After the Cigar event, we hit the hotel bar where Smithy had Rob "wing" for him and got shafted. Afterwards, since I weren't sure whether Rob, Lisa and half of the BrisVegas crew have seen Sydney. I asked where they want to go.

We ended up in a Men's Club, where we lost Shagga - Cuz he dont pay. Then Lisa (who had a really bad flu) when back to the hotel to rest. Rob then realised later in the night then he had no phone, no wallet, nothing (3rd time that night). Lisa in her infinite wisdom took it back to the hotel knowing what will happen.

The Boys called it a night later in the morning, but had to walk back to Double Bay (long walk). This is because the taxi drivers took one look at this mob and thought they were going to be mugged.

The above is just the tip of the iceberg and most memorable.

Some other occasions:

- Rob being banned from most Sydney hotels (either due to lack of clothes, bad clothes or setting off the fire alarm)

- Rob leaving his credit card at the Bar and forgetting to pick it up again. This is after him reminding himself and setting the tab, to the point where the staff knows him

These days I sense a change in Rob. He is usually back at the hotel by 10pm or at the airport before the sun has set.

I am hoping to change that in May. Just make sure that you carry all valuables for Rob. I personally will invest in GPS personnel tracking for Rob.

I have been told that I am not allowed to drink in Sydney because Rob is not used to be the responsible one <_< so now I have to do what Lisa did and look after him :cofcig: Fare is fare, I think!!!

We will see on the night :party:

See you then looking forward to it.

Dear Di,

I think you need to speak with Lisa on what usually happens in Sydney with Rob. Especially if it is just Rob and you.

The first time I meet up with Rob and Lisa, I was just a wee lad and it was a fun night out. After the Cigar event, we hit the hotel bar where Smithy had Rob "wing" for him and got shafted. Afterwards, since I weren't sure whether Rob, Lisa and half of the BrisVegas crew have seen Sydney. I asked where they want to go.

We ended up in a Men's Club, where we lost Shagga - Cuz he dont pay. Then Lisa (who had a really bad flu) when back to the hotel to rest. Rob then realised later in the night then he had no phone, no wallet, nothing (3rd time that night). Lisa in her infinite wisdom took it back to the hotel knowing what will happen.

The Boys called it a night later in the morning, but had to walk back to Double Bay (long walk). This is because the taxi drivers took one look at this mob and thought they were going to be mugged.

The above is just the tip of the iceberg and most memorable.

Some other occasions:

- Rob being banned from most Sydney hotels (either due to lack of clothes, bad clothes or setting off the fire alarm)

- Rob leaving his credit card at the Bar and forgetting to pick it up again. This is after him reminding himself and setting the tab, to the point where the staff knows him

These days I sense a change in Rob. He is usually back at the hotel by 10pm or at the airport before the sun has set.

I am hoping to change that in May. Just make sure that you carry all valuables for Rob. I personally will invest in GPS personnel tracking for Rob.

I good time was had by all on Saturday night, I met some great people and even did a swap with Petros. Its just a pity it took 2 1/2 hours to get home that night due to Melbourne crowds.

The next time I am in the big smoke and it coincides with a meet up I will be there with bells on.

I have been told that I am not allowed to drink in Sydney because Rob is not used to be the responsible one dry.gif so now I have to do what Lisa did and look after him :cofcig: Fare is fare, I think!!!

We will see on the night :party:

See you then looking forward to it.

Di, just go to the Uni of Qld Ecology, Convservation & Organismal Biology lab and ask for a GPS tracking tag and receiver. When you get to Sydney, clip it to Rob's ear and then party-party! In the morning, fire up the receiver to find out where Rob ended up. Send a cab if you fell like it.

Or just get him one of these...

post-1537-0-82482300-1334629095.jpg

Though I think Rob walking around with a big tag on his ear is funnier. :D

Di, just go to the Uni of Qld Ecology, Convservation & Organismal Biology lab and ask for a GPS tracking tag and receiver. When you get to Sydney, clip it to Rob's ear and then party-party! In the morning, fire up the receiver to find out where Rob ended up. Send a cab if you fell like it.

Or just get him one of these...

Though I think Rob walking around with a big tag on his ear is funnier. :D

You have the Tag on the wrong person Fuzz :rolleyes:

I text Lise on the night to say "I am not use to being the responsible adult".....She text back "Serves you right after all the years I have had to look after your sorry arse" :rotfl:

Looking forward to Sydney!

Was a top night loved it, hope i can change my work roster to make the next ones, or hell Matt can change it to the 2nd satdie night :lookaround:

I text Lise on the night to say "I am not use to being the responsible adult".....She text back "Serves you right after all the years I have had to look after your sorry arse" :rotfl:

First off, you being a "responsibile adult"? :confused: Ha! I don't think there is one person on this forum who thinks you are the responsible adult at a party!!

And secondly, we're all looking forward to the Sydney gathering, but where are the deatils?!?!?!

See Lisa and I stick together it's called sisterly love :nyah: No need to tag me Rob just look for the trail of shoes and you will find me :P

Ok because I am older I will be responsible in Sydney but I might get the tag just in case.

See Lisa and I stick together it's called sisterly love :nyah: No need to tag me Rob just look for the trail of shoes and you will find me :P

Ok because I am older I will be responsible in Sydney but I might get the tag just in case.

Maybe a tattoo of all his details might be easier.