R&J Belicosos - LAG JUN 10

asmith

Kenny, Red tea doesn't have the tannins you speak of so you might want to try that with a cigar if you are so inclined. You can steep red tea for a long time and it does not create the bitterness oversteeping black/white/green tea does.

Had one of these a while ago from 09, that was just dull.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting better, as most of the RYJ line is improving greatly.

Cheers, Chaps.

A cigar that everyone on the panel hates, so why are we smoking it?

because yuou have a bucketload to sell?

fun arvo. top wine if nothing else.

ta re the red tea tip - not familiar with red tea - my fave has been topnotch white teas. will keep an eye out.

and yes, whoever makes the decisions re discontinuing certain cigars should be locked in a small room with 30 hours of fidel's greatest speeches on neverending rotation.

Good review guys - i love tea & look for the the flavours & complexity in them just like in cigars. Have had lots of darjeeling, Assam, Chinese, Japanese - green, oolong, white, black & rooibos(if thats the red Marker is referring to) :thumbsup:

isa, that is the tea I am referring to.

If you really want a great tea that gives you a kick in the pants try a Pu-erh. Such a great tea when brewed correctly.

And quite expensive too boot.

Cherry cigar farts, fascinating. :covereyes: Nice review, so we've gone from putrid and bitter to not complex, caramel with white pepper on the nose. Well, its a step in the right direction! What is up with the honking birds off to the right?

Purely subjective conversation:

In 2012, it's just a bit disconcerting to be considering factories (RA, I know it's not the norm).

Outside of reviewing purposes, would you guys reach for one of these over others?

Enjoyed it - cheers guys!