Name this HDM

JSPEC

Hi guys,

So I recently went out and picked up a box of these Hoyo De Monterrey cigars from a friends aquaintance who was getting rid of his cigars. I picked them up for 50 bucks without taking a long hard look at them. They looked good so I just took the plunge. Once I got home I realized that the box they came in wasn't the original Hoyo Box and soooo the mystery begins. Can anyone identify these Hoyo De Monterrey cigars? I posted up a few pics of 1 stick from the batch. All have the Standard Band B (For medium ring cigars)Embossed 1960s to c2003 -- Discontinued according to Trevor and his great website (Thank you so much mate!)

-Marty

post-9763-0-83328700-1333159042.jpg

post-9763-0-71593400-1333159061.jpg

post-9763-0-66848900-1333159076.jpg

Could be, but they are in a box of 25. Only way to see for sure if they are real cbans is to smoke and unravel the cigar to check for long filler tobacco....if it actually is tobacco in there or not.

Could be, but they are in a box of 25. Only way to see for sure if they are real cbans is to smoke and unravel the cigar to check for long filler tobacco....if it actually is tobacco in there or not.

You said they were not in the original box... how many of these cigars do you have?

I have 25 of these cigars, the box is a hoyo de monterrey box however there are no markings on it what-so-ever. Exact length of the cigar is 6 3/4 inches long....ring guage looks the same as a LGC Tainos so 47? Thanks for the help guys but best bet is to smoke it and open it up to see what's inside.

Ok breaking news.....so I didn't have time to smoke one but the curiosity was killing me so I unravelled it. I cut it into 2 pieces and then unravelled it. Turns out that the wrapper, binder, anf filler all check out. There is also a number 22 on the inside of the band where it was glued together. The filler is only cut because of my cut to the cigar but it runs straight through. here are the pics.

post-9763-0-56883900-1333234432.jpg

post-9763-0-15866200-1333234451.jpg

post-9763-0-23651900-1333234543.jpg

I was leaning towards that as well....why do you think they are not habanos?

The measurements you have provided do not match up to any HdM. They are not even close to any HdM produced.

Hey there! next time, pictures with high res please, we can't see anything. cant see the band, cant tell the cap, etc. please put a quarter/coin next to the cigar or put the cigar on a ruler for sizing reference.

So you went to some guy that was "liquidating," bought a box of Hoyo's for $50, and thought you got a sick deal. I don't think any guy who goes out of his way to get Cubans will "liquidate" for less than cost. It could be that your friend's aquaintance is a saint, you got the size wrong, and they are actually the Dieux.

Hey, at least it looks like long filler. So you got some cigars for 2 bucks each. When things seem too good to be true...

Just a word of advice on trading, only trade with people you know personally and respect. Who are his top 3 sources (or where was the source for this product), how does he keep his cigars, does he seem knowledgeable about cigars. If you can't answer one of these questions reasonably, you should just move on.

I actually got 4 boxes of cigars for 150 mate. 1 box of PSD4 nov 06, Fonseva No.1 ( dont remember the box code), Rafael Gonzalez (forgot the box code) and the hoyo box. The guy passed away so his noece and daughter were sellin them. I will post up the detailed box codes soon. Cheers.

Yah which is why I aint too broken up about just one of the boxes. The others look great and serial numbers and box codes all are authentic.

Fonseca No. 1- RTO AGO 06

Rafael Gozalez Corona Extra- BWZ ENE 05 revisidado 04/06

Partagas Sere D. No. 4- AGL JUL 06

Only thing that the Hoyo box has written on it is 'Jaimie 08' in pen top right corner.

by check out I was meaning that the filler of the cigar is long filler so the filler 'checks out' not to be crap. My Blackberry camera isn't the greatest so gotta get/find a better one.